Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

I Love this Country!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:07 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Default I Love this Country!

The story...

I left work at noon here to meet my wife at her work for lunch. I picked her up in the Mustang and drove over to a nearby Subway.. I was in my green cammy uniform, same thing Im wearing now back at work.. Went in and began ordering some sandwich meals.. The older fellow ahead of me, who was checking out, turned and looked at me, held out his hand and said "I'm paying for your lunch" I said,, "Sir, you really dont have to do that" and shook his hand and he said " I already did.." So my wife and I thanked him and picked up our food and went about our merry way.. I felt weird that he was buying our lunch, but I sure did appreciate it. So I dropped my wife off at work, and headed back to my base and on the way just so happen to notice a motorcycle on the side of the freeway and about 200 yards ahead of that was a guy walking, carrying his helmet. I honked, stopped, and picked up the guy. He didnt speak any english, but I got him back to around where he lived and got a hand shake and a "thank you my friend" and headed back to work..

Pay it forward right..
Old 06-11-2009, 04:16 PM
pass1over
1st Gear Member

sometimes a little more than just a "thankyou for your service" is needed, that was a very nice gesture on his part. Not to mention the nice gesture on your part, I agree, pay it forward cause karma's a b*sch

thankyou for your service btw

Last edited by pass1over; 06-11-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 PM
scootchu
4th Gear Member

Every once in a while it's nice to have someone else make a deposit in the Karma bank. You made a withdrawal and a deposit all in the same day. If we could just simplify our lives a bit more I think that kindness and respect might make a comeback. It's good to know that we have the right people in uniform.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:39 PM
1sweet65stang
2nd Gear Member

Thank you for your service, I'm glad brave men and women like you live in the good ol' US of A to defend this country and to keep the good morals all us americans established and had many years ago. And people like you keep them alive today in this ever changing world
Old 06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

damn thats nice of him, when i was in amsterdamn with a bunch of soldier friends (i got out in 99) we went to a nice brazilian steak house and were seated next to a group of older retired autoworkers, and they would not let us pay for our meal either, it was a very touching act on their part.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:37 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

It was a very appreciated act of kindness.