Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Finally! My 68 vert project.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:51 PM
1965fastback
3rd Gear Member

That makes my frame look solid.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:03 PM
LCC
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by quikturbo
However I think this mustang will be getting a 351w.

Chris

OR.....Fast and the furious Tokyo drift mustang????

HUUM..
Old 09-21-2009, 08:48 AM
quikturbo
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LCC
OR.....Fast and the furious Tokyo drift mustang????

HUUM..
While the thought crossed my mind as I have a couple supra motors I just cannot bring myself to do that to my mustang. It needs V8 and maybe some boost
Old 10-19-2009, 11:03 AM
quikturbo
1st Gear Member

well, quick update. I pretty much finished up the front portion of the car. Just need to drill the holes for the UCA drop.

Now on to the middle and rear. New 1pc floor pan, over axle transition and rear frame rails.

Feels good to have accomplished the front portion. I've been doing it a little bit at a time when I have time at night during the week. With winter coming I hope I don't lose motivation

Old 10-19-2009, 08:41 PM
EZFEED
2nd Gear Member

GREAT WORK Quickturbo!!!! Hey...you, fakesnakes, and I are working on converts with the same issues LOL!
Here's a link to mine....https://mustangforums.com/forum/clas...need-help.html
unfortunatley I could not do the work myself due to time constraints from work but will be finishing her out!
Keep us posted! Could you detail some of the work you did with the cowl? I am going to be doing this soon too and need some instruction.

Last edited by EZFEED; 10-19-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 PM
quikturbo
1st Gear Member

Awesome project EZFEED. i can't wait to see how it comes along. I have been bitten hard by the restoration bug and have found it to be a pretty cool journey.

I can definitely help out on the cowl. Like everyone else says on here it's not terrible, it's just mind numbingly tedious lol. Drilling out all of the spot welds just takes time. If you have any other specific questions I'd be happy to help ya out.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:25 PM
EZFEED
2nd Gear Member

And you too Quikturbo! I know what you mean, just stay on it and dont let it the hard stuff discourage you! These are really simple little cars and the sheetmetal is a breeze (if you have time LOL!). This is my first convertible and I'm learning that floors really need to be tip top if possible. Get you some POR-15 and rustproof your work after you're done...I can tell your machine will really be something and worth it! Protect that pony!

Please if you can help me on the cowl. I told my guy I will do this myself in an effort to save a few bucks. I've just about got the top off but I'm waiting for my guy to finish the work he's doing then will bring it home and finish it and rustproof it. Got new repair section and I'm thinking about coating the whole inside with POR-15 after I stitch the new metal in but instead of applying it on the metal, I will slop it in really good then lay some fiberglass in and seal the seams with it. You can use POR-15 like fiberglass resin.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
64.5stanger
2nd Gear Member

what is this por15 you speak of,does it convert rust? I saw a episode of truck u on speed where they had a spray bottle and claimed the product converted rust to iron oxide (I think) . I don't remember the product name?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 64.5stanger
what is this por15 you speak of,does it convert rust?
Here you go....
http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/...hp?product=299

Lynn
Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 PM
quikturbo
1st Gear Member

I FINALLY had some time to myself in the last few days and made some progress to the middle/rear of the car. New job has me traveling a ton so I have only day dreamed about working on it lol.

Just a couple pics of starting to replace rear frame (pass side first) I picked up the dynacorn convertible (smashed) wheelhousings to save me some pounding.

One thing I noticed is how the inside of the "newer" rockers are showing surface rust due to lack of treatment. Any suggestions on how or what to spray in there? I have por or zero rust, any thoughts how to get in there to cover all of the surface area? since the back of the rocker is open I can go in there but need something long (thats what she said )

Chris

Quick Reply: Finally! My 68 vert project.