Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Custom leather steering wheel wraps now available + Black Friday Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Sponsor

And now...

... something you've all been waiting for since we announced our range of custom steering wheel covers

Ladies and Gentlemen - we've just developed a solution for STEERING WHEELS PADDING! WooHoo!!!

A specially resized wheel wrap along with specially selected padding foam underneath will make your wheel aprrox. 1/8 to 3/16 inch thicker. What's even more, the foam we use has a very small compression factor so No smooshy feeling of a soft wheel some upholsterers out there offer. just a firm and sporty grip All in all... it will be PERFECT!

See the example of the wheel that is in desperate need of some pading - the 4gen Firebird. On the left - stock wheel reupholstered. On the right - another wheel of the same kind wrapped in padding foam:

And here's only a quick trial of how it can look wrapped in leather - see the difference?

And, of course, padding option will be available for all our steering wheel wraps at a mere $49.

But THIS WEEKEND ONLY we are offering it for you FOR FREE!

So chceck-in at RedlineGoods and enjoy your whole new driving experience

Have a great weekend!
Maciek & Jacek
Team RedlineGoods
Old 02-24-2012, 06:07 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Sponsor

Hi everyone,

This RedlineGoods leather steering wheel cover was INSTALLED BY ONE OF OUR CUSTOMERS - not a pro, in fact far from it, nothing to do with car upholstery whatsoever in real life.

It still came out spellbinding and this proves ALL OF YOU CAN DO IT… If you order a wrap from us first, and dedicate some time and effort to get it done!

Here's a discount code for everyone contemplating a leather wheel cover… or any other RedlineGoods product! Valid through Friday, March 2nd: 8ZX42EX40Z6

Have an awesome and safe weekend guys!
Maciek & Jack
Team RedlineGoods
Old 02-24-2012, 06:53 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I still don't understand why this thread still isn't locked. It has nothing to do with classics.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:44 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

I want to be able to change tracks on my 8-track through my leather with cobra snakes steering wheel!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:48 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slow67
I still don't understand why this thread still isn't locked. It has nothing to do with classics.
Yeah, maybe you're right.

Then why don't you help us make it a "classic" thread by lending us a stock classic Mustang steering wheel for prototyping in exchange for a free whel wrap? Of course, not only stering wheel - other leaher parts are also welcome for such project - check the conditions here: http://www.redlinegoods.com/notsupported2.php and let me know

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Gun Jam

- Jack you actually sound serious

Allow me to help

please read this carefully. I have been a classic mustang owner about 12 years now and have been active on this forum for about 7 years I have seen many steering wheel discussions.

A) It is based on my belief from observation and personal experience that a very large majority of mustang users that are still using the classic steering wheel for any given length of time are doing so simply because its original because of this I suspect that they would be unwilling to purchase a steering wheel cover simply because its non original. A very small percentage of customer may purchase one to protect the original steering wheel from the elements.

It seems to me that your production facility is setup for making only covers...I dont know.

B) what the mustang community really really needs is a decent after market solution.
B.0) classic mustang owner ditch the original steering wheel because it 1) hits them on the lap because its like 36" diameter 2) looks like something grandma would be down with 3) is very thin picture climbing a 0.50 nylon rope vs a 2" nice fat hemp rope...the latter is much more comfortable) If converted to manual steer these cars require significant effort to steer at very low speed thus the importance of good grip feel 3) doesnt look very sporty.

B.2) a cover dont really solve any of the above issues
B.3) Grant steering wheels would be an option but they are all crap
B.4) Momo steering wheels are good but potential buyers have reported issues finding the proper hub to mount the wheel to the classic steering shaft

C) What the market needs is a good 13" sporty looking steering wheel with a 1.3 to 1.5" diameter grip
C.0) the design should be quality made the stitches should not rip from the material used to cover the wheel core. This also extends to the horn button it should not be crap nor should the rotary contact used to provide power to the horn.
C.1) a 2 piece solution where the wheel mount to the hub is fine this would allow any wheel design to fit the different models of steering shaft which I think use different spline counts depending on the year.
C.2) most users would prefer a nice simple design 3 spoke 1 color perhaps 2 color on some models (black and red, black and blue, black yellow....)

These are the basics if you could find a way to manufacture this type of wheel, hub, and cover them yourself and produce a quality item there would be demand for that.
A tall order indeed

Thats really whats going on here...with that said it should be less surprising when you catch flack from members after posting wheel covers for BMWs or unrelated items. We all hate grant steering wheels and a fair number would love to see a new solution enter the market.

-Gun
Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com
Yeah, maybe you're right.

Then why don't you help us make it a "classic" thread by lending us a stock classic Mustang steering wheel for prototyping in exchange for a free whel wrap? Of course, not only stering wheel - other leaher parts are also welcome for such project - check the conditions here: http://www.redlinegoods.com/notsupported2.php and let me know

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team

i wouldnt mind letting you borrow mine for you to make a wrap...

as for everyone else commenting about closing the thread please stop this poster is a vendor

Rmodel65
Old 03-27-2012, 05:26 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rmodel65
i wouldnt mind letting you borrow mine for you to make a wrap...
Wonderful! Can you please show me the wheel first?
And please have in mind it will take up to 4 weeks - our production facility is in Poland.

@GUN:

Thank you for clarification and suggestions. I of course understand and agree with what you wrote abut classic car owners and their approach to steering wheels. On the other hand I know that there are at least a few who want to customize their wheels a bit. Ant this is my aim when posting "irrelevant" parts - to show the possibilities we offer, our flexibility and willingness to fulfill customers' expectations and follow their ideas and the quality of our work. And this all refers to all our products, regardless of the car they are dedicated to

As for making custom stering wheels - the idea is great but we only manufacture leather parts without he capacity or equipment to manufacture the whole wheels. But if you say there is a demand for such custom work then we can try to find a manufacturer to work on it together

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Gun Jam

I do think there is a nitch market there to fill!

Good luck with all your endeavors.