Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Anyone live is Cedar Park Texas that can go slap those boys at Mustang Project for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 09:07 PM
plainsmen
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone live is Cedar Park Texas that can go slap those boys at Mustang Project for me?

Klick
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Klick (sometimes spelled click, but that may also mean one second of arc) is a common military term meaning kilometer (or sometimes kilometers per hour). Its use became popular among soldiers in Vietnam during the 1960s, although veterans of the war recall its usage as early as the 1950s. Its origin is sometimes linked with the Australian Army in Korea.

The term is of unknown origin. It is most likely an example of condensed pronunciation or contraction of the term kilometer or possibly onomatopoetic of the sound of a military compass' bezel ring, although other theories exist.

The term is currently also used by civilians, particularly in Canada where road signs and car speedometers use kilometers.
Hrmm... I always thought I click was from when you pulled a bead down on your ranger cord... made a clicking sound... hence..'click'

Ranger Beads/Pace Counter
Old 04-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Anyone live is Cedar Park Texas that can go slap those boys at Mustang Project for me?

Yeah, that is a military term, and I served my country from 1966-1969 in Vietnam. I interchange the term with miles even though it doesn't match up perfectly mathmatically. Our M-14's had sights that you could change up or down a click or two to get the range of the target. Therefore the term click. The first M-16's came out during my tenure during the drab green days, and they were not very accurate firearms, but they could spray the bush much better than the old M-14's.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:20 PM
plainsmen
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Yeah, that is a military term, and I served my country from 1966-1969 in Vietnam. I interchange the term with miles even though it doesn't match up perfectly mathmatically. Our M-14's had sights that you could change up or down a click or two to get the range of the target. Therefore the term click. The first M-16's came out during my tenure during the drab green days, and they were not very accurate firearms, but they could spray the bush much better than the old M-14's.
Ahhhh... that's what it was. My bad.. I couldn't remember from the ol' basic training on Sand Hill, Ft. Benning.

Thanks for your service over there sincerely Soaring. My father was there, as were 3 of my uncles. I was in the army guards, 12B combat engineer, for 8 years. Smack between both current desert wars, and didn't get sent to either.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:20 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

Glen, were you a pilot? Just wondering because your name is soaring. Thanks for serving though!
Old 04-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Cogtx
3rd Gear Member

Soaring...thanx for serving our country and takin' care of us. We all appreciate your loyalty to the U.S.A. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 04-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Cogtx

Soaring...thanx for serving our country and takin' care of us. We all appreciate your loyalty to the U.S.A. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
I served, then I got on with my life in the civilian world as a music teacher. I am not one to be revered. I only did what was expected from guys my age back in the 60's. This Mustang forum is not a political forum, so I will not venture forward. I will tell you guys though, that in 1964, I was at the Ford dealership in Austin, Texas while I was attending the University of Texas at Austin, and I saw the first 65 Mustang on the showroom floor in the Austin area. It was a 65 coupe, and it was Springtime Yellow.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:56 AM
67t5ponycoupe
5th Gear Member

Or would that be a 64 1/2, Oh that's right there is no such thing as a 64 1/2. Just stirring the pot.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:58 PM
67t5ponycoupe
5th Gear Member

Talked to the folks from Mustang Project yesterday. They seemed like some really nice people. It turns our there circuit boards are on back order and they had been out of town for the week is why they were not getting back with me. I didn't want them to get a bad reputation from what I had posted. They are working to take care of me on my order. Thank you Dan for your input on these guys.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:38 PM
degins
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67t5ponycoupe

Talked to the folks from Mustang Project yesterday. They seemed like some really nice people. It turns our there circuit boards are on back order and they had been out of town for the week is why they were not getting back with me. I didn't want them to get a bad reputation from what I had posted. They are working to take care of me on my order. Thank you Dan for your input on these guys.

Also keep in mind that spam filters can make email communications difficult. I regurlarly RECEIVE emails from people complaining that I am not answering there emails. They don't consider that I have answered, but their spam filters have returned them to me. I don't even bother returning emails from most AOL addresses, they seldom go through.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Dan66
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67t5ponycoupe

Thank you Dan for your input on these guys.
My pleasure, John. We need to know the vendors we can all count on to treat us right, and Mustang Project is certainly one of them. Top notch service. Top notch products. I'm glad they're taking care of you.

Quick Reply: Anyone live is Cedar Park Texas that can go slap those boys at Mustang Project for me?