Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

2 Row or 4 Row???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 2 Row or 4 Row???

My comments are 100%. Where do you get that crap from? Whether it be a Griffin or whatever, an aluminum radiator will dispense of the heat better than a copper core radiator, but the number of rows is insignificant as to the amount of air flowing over the fins, and the amount of water flowing through those fins. Truce......
Old 06-12-2006, 07:53 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Oh boy.. I asked a question and started a fire.. Now I'm more confused than before.[8D]
Old 06-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Smothers
3rd Gear Member

[sm=bicker.gif] [sm=icon_beat.gif] [sm=chairshot.gif]

chants while pounding fists on table "TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES! TWO MEN ENTER......."

couldn't help myself plainsmen [sm=smiley36.gif]
Old 06-12-2006, 08:16 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

You are to funny!!!![sm=laughat.gif]

ORIGINAL: Smothers

[sm=bicker.gif] [sm=icon_beat.gif] [sm=chairshot.gif]

chants while pounding fists on table "TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES! TWO MEN ENTER......."

couldn't help myself plainsmen [sm=smiley36.gif]
Old 06-12-2006, 10:03 PM
PONYBOY65
2nd Gear Member

4row radiator
Old 06-12-2006, 10:13 PM
grocery getter
1st Gear Member

Slickman, I vote for the two row aluminum with proper mounting and a sacrificial (sp?) cap.

that is one of the nicest mustangs i've seen,Good job on the resto.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: grocery getter

Slickman, I vote for the two row aluminum with proper mounting and a sacrificial (sp?) cap.

Yeah, except for the fact it is a girl's blue color with a white vinyl top. Nah, just kidding. It is just not my choice of a classic mustang for color and top covering. But, since I am retired, I don't have to be pc. If you buy an aluminum radiator that is more than two rows, you are wasting your money if more than two rows costs you more than the two. Do the research.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:50 PM
grocery getter
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Yeah, except for the fact it is a girl's blue color with a white vinyl top. Nah, just kidding. It is just not my choice of a classic mustang for color and top covering. But, since I am retired, I don't have to be pc. If you buy an aluminum radiator that is more than two rows, you are wasting your money if more than two rows costs you more than the two. Do the research.

Retired? you lucky #$%$#^

that blue is the factory color on my '66. I shot the engine compartment that color (I'm against the rattle can black) the rest of the car is going to take some time
Old 06-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Smothers
3rd Gear Member

Thats right, maybe you should try yellow, as it is much more manly then light blue.

[sm=joke.gif]
Old 06-13-2006, 05:34 AM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

that's flippin hillarious! i can't wait! i keep stopping myself everytime i go to say mid . . . er, little person!

and i agree the 2 row would allow more air flow between the fins and the alum will further that dispersion(sp) of the heat. and wouldn't the fact that the water has to pass thru a tight spot (causing friction) create more heat? i thought that the heat would transfer to the rad and from there gets cooled by air flow/fans, thus lowering the overall temp of the water. now, i'm not a physics major or any type of smart person, but doesn't friction create heat, even in water?

Quick Reply: 2 Row or 4 Row???