Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Im done with mustangs unlimited.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 01:54 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default RE: Im done with mustangs unlimited.

when i ordered my brake kit they wanted 1800 almost 1900[:'(] for it paddock had the same kit for 1399! but i ordered it from jegs because they price match and i dint have to pay shipping just a box fee which was i think 10 b ucks so grand total was 1409 compared to 1900 from npd thats 500$$$$$[:'(][:'(][:'(] that sucked anhd they wouldnt pricematch i used to order from them cause id get it the next day but mustangs unlimited get here the next day also but i gotta pay tax but for the most part mustangsunlimited is cheaper
Old 10-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

Nothing but good luck from NPD for me. I even sent back a complete interior package because the wife wanted a diff color and they we're nothing but nice to deal with.

Luckily they're only an hour away and I try to order 300.00 worth at a time to avoid shipping.

Like others have said, unless it's a specialty part, you can get most stuff at a local parts house.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

I always have buyer's remorse after orderng from NPD. After I buy the item I always see it for substantially cheaper elsewhere and then I end up taking the the item back to NPD for a refund. I'd say I've taken back for a refund about 70 percent of my purchases from them. They just love me BTW, I use Mustangs Unlimited a lot and never had a problem.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:05 AM
72rustang
1st Gear Member

When I first started on the 72, I ordered a whole bunch of sheet metal including the floor pans. By the time I actually got to replacing the floor pans , they had come out with a newer floor pan that was a better fit for the 71-73 cars. NPD took my (clean, rust-free) floor pans back, well over a year after I ordered them, and gave me full credit for them towards a set of the newer, better floor pans. That meant a lot to me. Of course, maybe the fact that I've spent 5500 there over the past 5 years influenced their decision.

I mentioned in another thread that I have used Mustangs Unlimited for Cougar-specific parts and I have been happy with them as well.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:17 AM
MC
2nd Gear Member

I've been lucky @MU they were fast and easy but it was only a couple of times and it was for my 99 Roush- not classic stuff. Ive had good luck with PartsTrain.com they really do have the lowest prices most the time. I havent had a problem but Ill pay more if the customer service(Shipping,Return,knowlege) is better than cheaper places.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:41 PM
bignatesan
1st Gear Member

I have to agree with those singing the NPD praise. They do cost more, but I have never had any problems with them. Fast, knowledgeable and professional, that is why I will pay more. I have scratched several vendors off my list (Sacramento Mustang, Mustang Depot, Virginia Classic Mustang) for several reasons, but is is usually because of 0 concern or basic respect for their customers.

Soaring is dead on about using the local auto store too. I use NAPA over Autozone, again more expensive, but more of their parts are made in the USA vs. Asia. Unless it is a unique restomod item, you can usually get it local.

BigNate
Old 10-24-2006, 02:25 PM
72351CJ
1st Gear Member

Whats NPD? Has anyone had to get replacement seat mounts on a 71-73 mustang?? if so where???

Thanks,
Old 10-24-2006, 02:29 PM
MC
2nd Gear Member

-National Parts Depot-
Blue and Yellow
ORIGINAL: 72351CJ

Whats NPD? Has anyone had to get replacement seat mounts on a 71-73 mustang?? if so where???

Thanks,
Old 10-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Todd E

I have used CJpony with good luck. DO NOT USE Auto Zone. I am a mail man, I change brakes frequently, upkeep and mainteneance on my mail car is expected. I had used Auto Zone exclusively for quite a while. Trust me, You get what you pay for. Brakes, Rotors, Rack and Pinion, Alternators, !!ELECTRONICS!!, you name it. Its all junk. I went through 4 alternators on my wifes Saturn before I got a good one. They exchanged my brake pads for free (lifetime warranty), they still would, but I was changing them almost as much as oil. I am not kidding. Staff is good, but you get what you pay for. I use NAPA whenever I can and Ford parts only now. I had to show the Advanced Auto clerk how to look up my own part.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:32 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i might have a set i think i have two 71-73 seats under the house? if i dont get back to u pm me

ORIGINAL: 72351CJ

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Im done with mustangs unlimited.