Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

i have heard rumors that mexican 302 blocks had 4 bolt mains and were a stout block that is great for build up is that true cause i live in az and i can go down to the border and get one its only 3 hrs away
Old 11-04-2006, 06:21 AM
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

Hi which holley carbs would you recommend with a weiand stealth for a 289? any models come to mind? are there 500cfm versions? I see many in 600 cfm...any help you could provide would help...thanks

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

I have had more good experiencces with Holley carbs than with Edelbrock carbs. The only thing I have found that runs well with the E carb is a 350 chevy. That is because they are calibrated to run on a chevy, pretty much anything else and you need to change things. if its a daily driver the FoMoCo carbs are tought o beat. If its a race car,a Holley will spank the E carb any day.

its to bad you guys dont run Qjets..
Old 11-04-2006, 06:22 AM
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

and for a 289 on a 65...non electric choke? no EGR i suppose...questions as i am new to this obviously and would like to reduce error. what i am looking to create is a sunday car with zip and one that can hold its own at the green light...once in a while

ORIGINAL: 65Vert

Hi which holley carbs would you recommend with a weiand stealth for a 289? any models come to mind? are there 500cfm versions? I see many in 600 cfm...any help you could provide would help...thanks

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

I have had more good experiencces with Holley carbs than with Edelbrock carbs. The only thing I have found that runs well with the E carb is a 350 chevy. That is because they are calibrated to run on a chevy, pretty much anything else and you need to change things. if its a daily driver the FoMoCo carbs are tought o beat. If its a race car,a Holley will spank the E carb any day.

its to bad you guys dont run Qjets..
Old 11-04-2006, 07:56 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

There is no EGR on these old dinosaurs. They have the simple PCV system. As far as a reliable daily driver carburetor, but yet still has zip you can't go wrong with a Motorcraft 4100 series carburetor on top of a Weiand dual plane Stealth intake manifold.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brandontyler65

i have heard rumors that mexican 302 blocks had 4 bolt mains and were a stout block that is great for build up is that true cause i live in az and i can go down to the border and get one its only 3 hrs away
You heard right.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

The major difference with the Mexican block, is that it has more nickel content in the block, making it a stronger block.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:49 AM
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

There is no EGR on these old dinosaurs. They have the simple PCV system. As far as a reliable daily driver carburetor, but yet still has zip you can't go wrong with a Motorcraft 4100 series carburetor on top of a Weiand dual plane Stealth intake manifold.
thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

The major difference with the Mexican block, is that it has more nickel content in the block, making it a stronger block.
It's about 25% stronger and because of that you can bore it as much as 0.060 over. Viva El Fordo!
Old 11-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

not to be mean i am just going off of observation but i guess thats why thier engines still run after the way they are treated and crappily repaired
Old 02-25-2014, 12:07 PM
101btp
1st Gear Member

lol see we went from intake manifolds to engine blocks but none the less thanks for posting on this subject, I got my 302 in my bronco II with a edelbrock rpm intake and have a stealth intake that ive spent a lot of the day cleaning so sounds like a swap I will have to do when I change the head gasket possibly heads and to Demon carb

Quick Reply: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?