Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

She'll be great someday I just know it!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: She'll be great someday I just know it!!

I agree with Scott. Now is the time to make up your mind about new wiring while the interior is out of it.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:24 AM
tdlabru
1st Gear Member

I would agree, but the idea of putting in a new wiring harness just scares the bejesus out of me! The car will end up starting when I press the horn and I'll have to turn the key to get the wipers to work![&:]
Old 11-30-2006, 12:32 AM
restomod67
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tdlabru

I would agree, but the idea of putting in a new wiring harness just scares the bejesus out of me! The car will end up starting when I press the horn and I'll have to turn the key to get the wipers to work![&:]
It's not that bad. They have some after market wiring harnesses now that are all color coded and labeled. If you have the time, you can make it work. That's the biggest factor, time. Just check ebay for wiring harnesses and have fun. You can get them for under $200.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
tdlabru
1st Gear Member

Project update - Ok, well the wiring thing worked out as it was in the dash, but had to replace the turn signal switch to get them working again. Turned out to be a lot easier than I thought.

Just found out that my oil pan gasket didn't fix the problem with the leak. I'm convinced, unfortunately, that it's my rear main seal that's leaking. Actually seems to be getting worse. The darn thing leaks like a siv and is slinging so much oil that it's making it all the way over to the passenger wheel well and coming out the holes in the fender where the running horse emblem would go. It looks like the poor girl is bleeding oil!

Is it even safe to drive it with that bad of a leak?? Anyone know hom much it runs to have the rear main seal replaced at a shop? I've read some old threads in the archive about what's involved and while I think I could manage, I don't know that I want to spend the time to do it.