Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

WHAT IS A MUSTANG ELANORE ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:24 PM
unit91
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WHAT IS A MUSTANG ELANORE ????

Thanks........finally a plain simple answer!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:47 AM
spanish mustang
1st Gear Member

The eleanore is many things to many people but...

I think it looks like a ricer has been let loose on it.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:02 AM
Halz5
2nd Gear Member

Not a big fan of the gone in 60 seconds car..... i heard that the actual car in the movie was a 6 cylinder, anyone else hear this?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:30 PM
19stang66
4th Gear Member

eh, I highly doubt it.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

btw if i remeber right it doesnt have a 428, its the 427 side oiler. then their is also the super snake engine that is the 427 with a supercharger and a bunch of other goodies doing around 800hp i believe. but ya 73 mach 1 was the original. cage drove the 67 shelby cobra E (eleanor) code. has all the body upgrades and what not. ive always been split between the body style of the E or the original 67 gt500's

dont care....id take either
Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Halz5

Not a big fan of the gone in 60 seconds car..... i heard that the actual car in the movie was a 6 cylinder, anyone else hear this?
No it wasnt. I did hear that the one which was for show but not actually driven in the movie was a GT350 though.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:26 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

the chances of all the movie cars having side oilers is slim. Usually they go with a 351W that makes decent power and has a sound that works.

Movie people dont know cars.

If you need further proof, watch the fast n fictitious movies a few times. The stuff they say is almost as funny as the stuff they say the cars do. Diamond plate falls out the floor, DANGER TO MANIFOLD on a laptop, WTFE!

The particular thorn in my side about the Nicolas Cage Gone in 60 seconds, is partly he is in it, and partly the screw ups they did. not the least of which is the car is doing 90mph at 6000rpm, then they hit the NAWSS and it goes to 160mph+. So how tight were they turning the supposed 428 anyway? 12,000? 14,000? Did it have an F1 Cosworth in it instead?

The whole elanor thing annoys me at best. People who clone it annoy me as well. If you have a fastback 67/68, making a Bullit clone is far cooler. [/rant]

Good movies involving cars as an integral part of the plot/story are few and far between. Often a movie that is horrible to a non car guy, is simply BAAD to one of us. Such is the case with Two Lane Blacktop, Vanishing Point (original not remake) and American Grafitti, just off the top of my head.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:41 PM
spanish mustang
1st Gear Member

What you got against nicolas cage? And yes bullit would be a far better mustang to clone than eleanor.

Generally they dont no. Tomb Raider being an exception that comes to mind, that land rover was rather cool:
Old 12-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

the chances of all the movie cars having side oilers is slim. Usually they go with a 351W that makes decent power and has a sound that works.

If you need further proof, watch the fast n fictitious movies a few times. The stuff they say is almost as funny as the stuff they say the cars do. Diamond plate falls out the floor, DANGER TO MANIFOLD on a laptop, WTFE!

The particular thorn in my side about the Nicolas Cage Gone in 60 seconds, is partly he is in it, and partly the screw ups they did. not the least of which is the car is doing 90mph at 6000rpm, then they hit the NAWSS and it goes to 160mph+. So how tight were they turning the supposed 428 anyway? 12,000? 14,000? Did it have an F1 Cosworth in it instead?

The whole elanor thing annoys me at best. People who clone it annoy me as well. If you have a fastback 67/68, making a Bullit clone is far cooler. [/rant]

Good movies involving cars as an integral part of the plot/story are few and far between. Often a movie that is horrible to a non car guy, is simply BAAD to one of us. Such is the case with Two Lane Blacktop, Vanishing Point (original not remake) and American Grafitti, just off the top of my head.
i wouldn't exactly say american graffiti used cars as a filler for the plot if thats what your saying....the point of that movie was to really not have one main plot but to have many sub-plots and just try to paint the picture of what a night in the life of teenagers is like. sure the cars are key, but i think its a necessary part of the movie and not so much just like "wow, we dont have anything with much substance to put into this scene...lets just have someone revv their engine...". just like...the cars are a part of the structure of that movie...if it take it away, the whole thing falls down similar to taking a leg off a table or something...just wont work right without it. that movie was filmed in the city i live in...pretty cool i guess because they recently had like a parade of old cars and stuff and had the original movie cars and had the some of the actors back to sign autographs and stuff....saw some sweet GT500's, verts, fastbacks, even coupes...plus tons of other car models like cobras and hot rods and stuff.....
Old 12-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

I have never seen the end of gone in 60 seconds because when Nicolas Cage hit the NOS button and the helicopter guy said he was going 160 MPH, I knew it was FUBAR.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS A MUSTANG ELANORE ????