Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

A Mustang wagon?!? Say it ain't so

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 08:45 PM
mustang652
1st Gear Member

Default RE: A Mustang wagon?!? Say it ain't so

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Lionel made a Mustang train set. The pic is kinda dark, but maybe you can see the mustangs.
http://site.mawebcenters.com/pengals...ustang_set.jpg

Very nice, I haven't seen that set before. A lot of companies got licenes to use the logo and/or design. I have managed over a period of time to pick up the three car wiskey decanter set by Jim Beam. The red, white and black, all full, seals intact including boxes and paperwork.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:12 PM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

ya clu7ch beat me to it. i knew about that station wagon mustang. i guess after 66 it was an option or something. i was reading it in mustang and fast fords. i guess mid way through 66 they had the option and you could bring the coupe back in and pay some amount and they would fabracate the body.

crazy stuff. oh ya....BOO mustang wagon [:@]
Old 12-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: longlive289s

ya clu7ch beat me to it. i knew about that station wagon mustang. i guess after 66 it was an option or something. i was reading it in mustang and fast fords. i guess mid way through 66 they had the option and you could bring the coupe back in and pay some amount and they would fabracate the body.

crazy stuff. oh ya....BOO mustang wagon [:@]
Yeah, it';s kinda ugly looking, but I wouldn't mind having a 66 Stangionwagon! I'd Pimp My Ride with some flip-flop paint, **** interior and so twentyfo's!

LOL!! [:'(]
Old 12-15-2006, 01:02 AM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Clu7ch

ORIGINAL: Mustang Boy

i think it would be a good idea if they didnt name it mustang but somthing else cause i think a muscular rwd sedan and wagon would be a good idea

They have them in Australia. The Ford division out there. They should be bold and bring them here.
Emperor PM'd me about this yesterday before this post came up. I assumed you had a family sized sedan in rear drive already. Did they stop making large sedans or just stop making rear drive??

there are a couple of Ford rear drive sedans out here that would fit the bill. The XR8 is the factory version and FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles) make the upgraded version. Both use the Mustang 5.4 (known locally as the Boss engine) so plenty more development potential where these finish. Check out www.fpv.com.au

Funnily, the Turbo 6 version is the fastest on the track but i'd buy the 8 for the hood bulge every time.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48146/C6350A41B1844414941A44F8B93B9379.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/48146/437B444B924D44EC88EDBBB16A8B9307.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/48146/21FD152459514690AC47FBBE76E2D9FE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2006, 01:24 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

so....hot.....must....have....fpv typhooooon!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

The clostest we have are the 300C and the Magnum.

And I almost forgot. The Charger

I'm gonna order one of those bitches, ship that ****er over and learn to drive from the passenger seat! LOL!!!

I want a DB9 and if I ever manage to get one, it WILL be right hand drive!!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:38 AM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Well historically 4 doors are the hotrods down under right? Just cuz you guys have them down there doesnt mean it will fly here. Sure some will buy it but most will just look at it and shake thier heads.

Look at the T bird and Cougar wagons and 4 doors. Didnt sell so well and only lasted a few years.

It would be the same as Pontiac building a 4 door GTO. or Chevy building a 4 door Vette. nothing like taking a respected nameplate and making it a laughing stock.

Sure Dodge is selling a bunch of the wierdo magnums and chargers. They sold a bunch of prowlers too, are they still selling them? They wanna make a 4 door to compete with the Charger, well sounds like Torino or Fairlane nees to come back then. Dodge is building a two door pony car, the Challenger, it was the competition for the mustang back in the muscle car era. Ford is gonna step on thier member with that idea.

Interesting how GM is going to bring back the camaro about the same time, and in a two door version.

in reality, I dont care because I cant afford them anyway, and I like the old cars better. I just cant see spending $30,000 for a car that will be worth $5000 just 6 years later. Maybe the automakers are trying to run themselves out of business so they can move the plants to China, Mexico, or Korea to have cheaper labor rates and no retirement benefits..
Old 12-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

I agree with you there.

2 doors = sports/muscle/pony car

4 doors = family car

On a personal level, I would buy one, but as your point made, most would prolly laugh and shake their head. I did when I saw the Charger had been given an extra set of doors as if the designers went retarded for a minute and forgot they already put them on there. ****! The four door Jeep looks about as retarded as the fox body with the Honda emblems. [:@]
Old 12-15-2006, 02:19 AM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

Have you seen the new 4 door porsche that thing is not nice, but the sold shed loadz of those ugly ugly cayenne's because everbody wants a porsche wants and suv right......If they did make a 4door stang how about stealing from another ford company mazda and making rear suicide doors like on the RX-8 and some extended cab trucks?
Old 12-15-2006, 02:24 AM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

Well historically 4 doors are the hotrods down under right? Just cuz you guys have them down there doesnt mean it will fly here. Sure some will buy it but most will just look at it and shake thier heads.
yeh, the most famous Ford was a 4 door, but the GM and Chrylser products had 2 doors. GM made a few different hotties with the option of 2 or 4...search A9X or SLR 5000...they looked great in either (remember its mid 70's before you bag me on that one!!)

Youre right though...theres no way you'd take an icon brand in a 2 door and try to sell as a 4 door. THese things are Falcons, so bring back the Falcon!?!!?!?

They are actually brilliant if marketed right. You take your base family sedan, add larger engine, big wheels and brakes and convince your wife that its still a family car...which it is, but will do 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. What would be wrong with that?

Quick Reply: A Mustang wagon?!? Say it ain't so