Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Value of my Mach?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Value of my Mach?

Old 12-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

You'll regret selling it. Plus, it isn't overly expensive to keep going if you do your own work and don't trash the car. It was made to be driven, afterall.

I would second the idea of going into the Air Force to get your helicopter training. Sure, you may have to make a tour somewhere, but not too many countries stand up to our air power very long, if at all, so you'd be relatively safe. The military likes to protect their expensive investments (crew) and tools (big $ air craft).

Plus, you'd get a chance to fly a Longbow and blow **** up!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:07 AM
MidNite27
2nd Gear Member

I've talked to a Navy Recruiter and he was really dodging me on the answers i wanted. Iunno, it seems like a good route, but its hard to trust a recruiter with 4 years of your life lol.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:23 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

if you must join the military, airforce, marines or navy

im thinking of the air force riight now, or getting a degree in business and opening some kinda place where ill get alot of business, like a sports bar or a night club
Old 12-18-2006, 09:11 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

do what you feel is best i wouldnt sell it but its your car and your life just make sure its what you want before you do anything
Old 12-18-2006, 12:48 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

Okay if you are seriously considering joining the military think about the branch. If you wan't to go to school first do it. (it's the way to go, officers have a much better life). If you want to do both, but you don't want to go to the academy ROTC programs are the way to go. Now if you want to fly helos and not fixed winged then I'd say it all depends on what type of helo you'd like to fly, either way stay away from the NAVY. I grew up an ARMY brat and I've been in the USAF for about 8 years as a controller. Because most of what I have to say about the above is off topic for all of you thinking about the US Military PM me and I'll give you my side of things, and I'll be more truthful than any recruiter!!

As for you car DO NOT SELL IT. If you do get your wings you won't be landing at my airport!
Old 12-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I taught high school for the department of Defense for 18 years overseas. I taught in Japan, Germany and the Azores. I have taught Army, Navy, Marine and Air Force kids, and the Air Force kids were by far the best behaved kids I have ever taught. Their parents are smarter and better educated. The facilities on the Air Force bases are far better than the other 3 also. If I were a young man again, I would not hesitate to join the Air Force.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:05 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

Yeah, but the USAF has it's downfalls too, and the new utility uniform is butt ugly!
Old 12-18-2006, 01:43 PM
BakoLuke
3rd Gear Member

dont sell it...you will hate yourself for it.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:08 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

and we will all hate you too! (j/k)

Quick Reply: Value of my Mach?