Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

bad experience with cal-mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: bad experience with cal-mustang

I've had nothing but good encounters with NPD. Some of the stuff has been less than stellar, but the service was pretty darn good.

I had a complete set of Deluxe interior - we started off 2 tone red and white. Wife and I decided to keep the same color outside and I had to take them back. ( this was a month later ). They exchanged them, no questions.

So, I go to install the Parchment color set ( about 3 months later ) and one of the seats is so far out of whack, it looked like the Horses were running down hill. I called while I was at the upholstery shop the the people there could explain what was wrong and NPD said to order another one, send that one back and they'd refund my card. They did, no problems.

The last issue was with the original Ford tooled dash pad I purchased. The mounting studs were molded into the foam so thin, they pulled loose when I took the pad off after test fitting. I called NPD while I still had the pad in my hand and explained what happen. They said to try to fix it, if it failed, send it back, they'd send a new one, no questions.

I've had some issues with repop's, but the CSR in Ocala has been great.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:38 PM
colostang
2nd Gear Member

Got the steering wheel today after returning the cracked one mentioned earlier. Wheel looks perfect and return went better than 99% of mail order returns. I would have to upgrade my experience with Cal-Mustang to a C+. Good deal on wheel and shipping/customer service couldn't be better.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: colostang

Got the steering wheel today after returning the cracked one mentioned earlier. Wheel looks perfect and return when better than 99% of mail order returns. I would have to upgrade my experience with Cal-Mustang to a C+. Good deal on wheel and shipping/customer service couldn't be better.
What color wheel did you get and how well did it match?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:53 PM
colostang
2nd Gear Member

Black and it matches great. But I imagine you are wondering about the red and blue ones. Couldn't tell you about that.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:59 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Yeah, the blue one I got from them didn't match worth a hoot.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:02 PM
ACADIST
2nd Gear Member

I may be the only one but Cal-Mustang has never done me wrong, First bought from them in the mid 80's when they were in Pomona and I lived about 10 minutes away. Now I live in Denver and have had no problems with the few mail orders I have done. I do use more than one supplier though, I definitly shop the cataloges, probably like CJ the best now.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:08 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Cal Mustang hasn't done me wrong, quite the contrary. They've always shipped very promptly and took back all of my returns within their regulations.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Halz5
2nd Gear Member

Is it just me or is cal mustang generally more expensive than the other guys?

BTW while we're venting about past experiences. I had a bad one with NPD and I dont care how much they may be able to save me I will never buy a part from them again. I bought just a pair of nuts for the strut rods and the ones i got were too big... since they were like 4 bucks a piece and 10 bucks to ship i called them to let them know and they said i must have after market strut rods and their part is right. The next day i simply went to carquest and they had the right nuts listed for a 67 mustang strut rod.

I usually go with CJ Pony, I have had a few problems with some of their products but in every case the customer service was top notch and they made everything right so i'll continue with CJ Pony whenever I can.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:53 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

I gave Cal Mustang a try and didn't like their customer service.

I highly recommend you check out Mustang Plus, you can return items up to 90 days, you can't beat that.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:04 AM
bradleyb
3rd Gear Member

ya, I am finally putting on the granada disk brake package I got several months ago as well - those spindles look like they belong on a truck. I will need to acquire the brake conversion and I noticed they had that, have to give them a try

Quick Reply: bad experience with cal-mustang