Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Best place to mount a 3 point seat belt.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:05 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Best place to mount a 3 point seat belt.

if you look on jamesw's web site youll see how he installed his and where he bought them. he got them from wescoperformance.com and so did i. they come in different colors and work well. it ended up at $171 total for both of theseats. if you pull back your headliner you will find an oblong hole above where the quarter window and frot window meet. if you make the hole a little bigger and peel back the headliner between teh rear window and quarter window youll be able to get the mounting plate to the hole using a wire hanger. not sure if that makes sence but thats what i did. takes some patience but works well.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Guitylerham
2nd Gear Member

Can't you get some seatbelts with an extender for the roof mounting point that actually lowers the seat belt? I guess they're called "sash guides" and they're just a padded metal arm that bolts to the roof and pivots, then the sash goes through a loop that is on the other end of the arm. They could effectively lower it like maybe half a foot or so. I bet that'd take care of the decapitating problem...
Old 02-27-2007, 05:22 PM
ADRIAN1
2nd Gear Member

if there is i want them because that damn belt make me look like a freakin rash on my neck sometimes![:@]
Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM
ShAkE N BaKe!!
2nd Gear Member

Some guy is selling his 3 point seatbelts for $25. Do you guys think its a good investment/deal? The condition looks pretty good. He said the reason for selling is because he's goin to a 5 point.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:49 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

another place to get em. http://www.julianos.com/seat_belts.html
Old 02-27-2007, 06:03 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/B...003342/c-10101
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/resebe.html
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/B...003269/c-10101
Old 02-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Guitylerham

Can't you get some seatbelts with an extender for the roof mounting point that actually lowers the seat belt? I guess they're called "sash guides" and they're just a padded metal arm that bolts to the roof and pivots, then the sash goes through a loop that is on the other end of the arm. They could effectively lower it like maybe half a foot or so. I bet that'd take care of the decapitating problem...
sashs guides or "droploops" I have beenpromising photos,but it has been so damn hot here every weekend I just havent got to the shed.They work well and look better than the straight roof mount, but the install procedure is identical.

just another consideration though...if you get in a crash where the seatbelt is likely to cause you harm, chances are your neck will break anyway as our early model seats dont have high backs.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ShAkE N BaKe!!

Some guy is selling his 3 point seatbelts for $25. Do you guys think its a good investment/deal? The condition looks pretty good. He said the reason for selling is because he's goin to a 5 point.
Yeah, about the cheapest new ones are 90 bux each.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
plainsmen
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aussie66Fastback

ORIGINAL: Guitylerham

sashs guides or "droploops" I have beenpromising photos,but it has been so damn hot here every weekend I just havent got to the shed.They work well and look better than the straight roof mount, but the install procedure is identical.

just another consideration though...if you get in a crash where the seatbelt is likely to cause you harm, chances are your neck will break anyway as our early model seats dont have high backs.
This one?
http://www.wescoperformance.com/lg-s...t-install.html

or this one? Looks like their used on Buses and Cargo vans that the mount attaches above the window..
Actually... just like ours. http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo...eat-belts.html

Old 02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

looks like it'll still work.

Quick Reply: Best place to mount a 3 point seat belt.