Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

wierd things you have found in your car

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Epic2112
1st Gear Member

Default RE: wierd things you have found in your car

Yup, I found one roach and one rusty old socket pinned between the radiator and the bottom of the core support.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Kenny_Z
2nd Gear Member

I thought I found some sod but thenI realized I didn't havea floor.

In my Nova project I found a old but great knife, a bible, some micromachine star wars ships, a roller lifter, a checkbook, and some change.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
crunchyskippy
3rd Gear Member

When I was replacing my carpet, I found that the previous owner had left me a Snap-on Awl tucked under there (I'm guessing from when he replaced the carpet).

I was quite pleased, as I didn't have an awl and was fumbling with a razor blade for screw holes and seatbelt locations...
Old 05-18-2007, 06:38 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6marc5

I found a roach under the carpet of my 65 vert......and I'm not talking about the kind of roach you kill with bug spray.
oo no not a madagascar![:'(][&:][>:][][&o]
Old 05-18-2007, 06:44 PM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

atomsk680,not one of those giant roaches,I'm talking about the kind of roach that leaves a person hungry,giggly and very red eyes.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:45 PM
sxs191
2nd Gear Member

Half my tools are missing so I'm pretty sure the next owner will be making out like a bandit.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Decurion
2nd Gear Member

I had a 97 f150 I bought about 4 years ago that had so many wires in it! They must have had like a computer, a sound system, tv, microwave, security system, cel phone tower, radar, etc all mounted in this thing. As I was taking it out, I discovered the likely cause of the engines demise- MUD. And tons of it, all tucked nice and neat under the vinyl floor mats (ya, it was 4wd). When I bought my comet there was about 25 pens in the glovebox, some of which I still use- 8 years later. lol It had an acorn sitting in the single venturi too. Must have been an economy thing.

I have a buddy who owns a junk yard in SW Detroit. The things he finds! Guns, drugs, knives, money, you name it.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:00 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kenny_Z

I thought I found some sod but thenI realized I didn't havea floor.

In my Nova project I found a old but great knife, a bible, some micromachine star wars ships, a roller lifter, a checkbook, and some change.
Haha, that made me laugh The only things I have found were cigarette butts from I think the 70's or earlier that my dad or grandpa left in the ash tray
Old 05-18-2007, 08:17 PM
hellion_79
5th Gear Member

I found the usual, old spark plugs, old parts, and some wire to fix the exhaust rattle...... but there was this one thing. I think it was some kind of homemade tweaker weapon. It was very random, to bad I threw it away orI would take a pic of it for you guys. Well anyways it was a 5lug Buick center cap to a rim, tied onto a tie strap about 3 feet long which was tied on to a piece of wood. It looked like someone would swing it around and hit people with it or somethin...... it was very wierd and random.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:22 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hellion_79

I found the usual, old spark plugs, old parts, and some wire to fix the exhaust rattle...... but there was this one thing. I think it was some kind of homemade tweaker weapon. It was very random, to bad I threw it away orI would take a pic of it for you guys. Well anyways it was a 5lug Buick center cap to a rim, tied onto a tie strap about 3 feet long which was tied on to a piece of wood. It looked like someone would swing it around and hit people with it or somethin...... it was very wierd and random.
thats how poor rednecks would protect their car, see, they couldnt afford no fancy a-larm system. so they would lodge the wood into the steering wheel and rig the strap to the door handle, so when someone entered the car, it would spring into action and hit them with the wood.

Quick Reply: wierd things you have found in your car