Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Restomod and Classic separate sections vote

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Restomod and Classic separate sections vote

We can play this all nignt Troy, but the simple fact is that you do not run the Mustang Forums, and this is my thread not yours.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Celtic37
3rd Gear Member

He got you there troy
Old 06-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

This is most likely the most mod friendly site and section you will ever encounter on the internet.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:06 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Personally, I could go either way on this one, I mean with two sections it would be easier to find answers to specific questions on some occasions and make it even more difficult with others. So either we "leave it alone" and work with the system that has been helpful to many or we go to a system where you may need to post the same question in two different sections so you can find the answer you are looking for. I do not see problems with what we have now, but if there are unhappy people with the way things are set up then I believe we should either open up two separate sections or find some kind of compromise.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:15 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueovalboy7
or find some kind of compromise.
I think that the issue has been all but decided, I am seeing some sort of compromise in the wind.

after all, 4 out of 5 dentists surveyed,,, I mean section members surveyed prefer one section...

Hopefully we will find a balance acceptable to 99% of participants.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Personally, I could go either way on this one, I mean with two sections it would be easier to find answers to specific questions on some occasions and make it even more difficult with others. So either we "leave it alone" and work with the system that has been helpful to many or we go to a system where you may need to post the same question in two different sections so you can find the answer you are looking for. I do not see problems with what we have now, but if there are unhappy people with the way things are set up then I believe we should either open up two separate sections or find some kind of compromise.
Ok Bluepvalboy7 here is a question for you. "I want to take the steel styled wheels off my 1965 Fastback and add the newer 19 inch woopsidoos. Any advice on what the backspacing should be and what other modified wheels would you recommend to give my car that retro look? Do I need spacers, or will they bolt right up?
Where would you send that post?
Here's another. I have a Holley carburetor on a 289 and it stalls whenever I punch it. Can you help me adjust the 4160 carb so that I don't get that bog? etc,. etc, etc. I think you get my point.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:18 AM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

my vote went to leaving it alone. even if someone is restomodding they still need to know info pertaining to the classics. i dont think this section is overcrowded, i think it is doing quite nicely.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:22 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Ok Bluepvalboy7 here is a question for you. "I want to take the steel styled wheels off my 1965 Fastback and add the newer 19 inch woopsidoos. Any advice on what the backspacing should be and what other modified wheels would you recommend to give my car that retro look? Do I need spacers, or will they bolt right up?
Where would you send that post?
Here's another. I have a Holley carburetor on a 289 and it stalls whenever I punch it. Can you help me adjust the 4160 carb so that I don't get that bog? etc,. etc, etc. I think you get my point.
yea, i get you, im more for leaving it alone, but whatever is decided on will not bother me. and like Shane said, i think this section is doing quite nicely, and i appreciate all the help i have received
Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NorCalTroy

ORIGINAL: Soaring

We can play this all nignt Troy, but the simple fact is that you do not run the Mustang Forums, and this is my thread not yours.
This may be a game to you Glen, but it isn't to me. I am simply trying to get an answer to a legitimate, on-topic question. You have the ability to justify your actions, yet you refuse to do so.

Why do you lock/move/delete on-topic posts about classic Mustang modifications?
You are relentless, I'll give you that.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:25 AM
mustanglover66
4th Gear Member

I think glen you have your answer on this question and this arguement should be locked and let it die

On edit: can we please get back to dicussing mustangs

Quick Reply: Restomod and Classic separate sections vote