Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Restomod and Classic separate sections vote

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:24 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Restomod and Classic separate sections vote

I don't know.... I just can't figure it,,,,, maybe I am just a freak, but I can not understand how people can have no respect for a car or it's owner/builder because it is different from what we would do with our own car, (ricers and euro cars excluded[8D]).

I like and respect all cars on this forum and their owners. I can not understand it...... How can a person look at Glen's car, Nor Cal Troy's car, hornblowers car, James Ws car, and all of the other cars posted on this forumand not likeall of them? WTF???????????? Man this sh*t is way beyond me.

I thought , optimisticly I suppose, that we could all co-exist,,, stupid me.

I would really like to take everyones side here because Ilikeeveryone here, besides Hornblower, (sorry, Iwont lie), because I think he absolutly hates people who have a car other than "stock" but I dolike his car.

I would love to get my hands on it and cut it all up. (not really, but I wanted to say it anyway) A concurs penance ishis car is bought by a crazy hot rodder intent on "cutting up a good car".

The bigotry must end!!!!! VENT
Old 06-05-2007, 03:26 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

rmodel why a off topic
Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

I've never been to therapy but this is great. If the vote talley were zeroed and started all over again the results would be different.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Timelockmind
3rd Gear Member

Hey, here's an idea if we split up:

Angle Glen will moderate the "stock" board

Devil Glen will moderate the "modified" board

Jeez:, I never knew there were so many bad feelings toward Soaring. Thispoor guy is really hated by some. How do you think he must be feeling after reading all these vented up emotions? Perhaps he will have a change of heartbecome "Angle Glen" for all of us.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:49 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

My knee-jerk reaction was to vote to not split the forum up. After reading all the responses and thinking about it further, I'd change my vote if it means that there will be a place that it is okay with the powers to be to dare deviate from how the vehicle rolled off of the factory line. My guess is that all but a handful of posters would just migrate over to that forum and park there full time (almost everybody deviates from stock to one degree or another).

For the life of me I cannot figure why there seems to be a chip on the shoulder of many self proclaimed "purists". Why is it so threatening to dare modify a ride to make it more fast, fun, safe or reliable? Why are Granada brakes okay but EFI isn't? Is there some great love for forgetful sedans yet hatred for the engine that reinvigorated the Mustang nameplate?

What I find completely ironic is that those throwing the rocks live in glass houses! Since when did Magnum 500's come on '65 coupes? I don't seem to recall seeing these wheels on the option list either.[sm=bling.gif]
Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Leave it as is, my ride is a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:24 AM
Timelockmind
3rd Gear Member

Hey Glen, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Does all this feedback seem reasonable to you? Do you feel like your being ganged up on? Can you understand the frustration of so many? Would you share with us your point-of-view? Do you feel there is a solution that would meet your needs as well as the majority of others? Do you feel many of us have misunderstood your position?

Please don't withdraw.

Talk to us.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Kenny_Z
2nd Gear Member

Hope I'm not out of line since I haven't been here very long but instead of a board split, a second moderator is put on this section for restomod posts.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to Mustangs. I came to this second because even though I'll be extensively modifying my Rustang (ie restomod)she's a classic at heart with all the problems of a classic. I'll have to admit, at first I was a little put off by Soaring's comments (none ever directed at myself) and I can see where a board shy newbie would of been driven out of the classic section all together. I'm an internetforum veteran, I even run one of my own, and to me there's always 'one' in the bunch so I ignored the comments and found that Soarings posts can be a wealth of knowledge. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but there's a point where that opinion shouldn't be forced on others. I love restomods on some Mustangs. My opinion greatly varies from Soarings. I don't try to force my opinons on anyone and I appreciate the same courtesy in return but I don't think seperation has ever historically been the correct way to control differing opinions.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

The problem as I see it is that as the moderator a lot of you think my opinion on any subject is more important or carries more weight than any one of yours. Had any one of you taken the position that I have taken, it wouldn't be a big deal, and probably not even be up for discussion.
What we have here is one person who constantly complains to the administration about what I say as an opinion, and the administration is hearing that one person and is trying to come up with a solution to satisfy that one member's concern. In my estimation, it is not the section that is broken, it is that one person who needs to be told that they do not run the Mustang Forums.
Personally, I think we have a great group of Mustangers here and have some really good discussions with many varied viewpoints.
I would be against splitting up the section, but I don't own the MF, so if it is done, then so be it. And to set the record straight, Troy, Idid not call anybody any names in that thread, nordid I belittle any one of you or treat you like 6 year olds. My opinions have been about your cars, not about anybody's personality
Old 06-05-2007, 06:41 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

leave it as is

Quick Reply: Restomod and Classic separate sections vote