Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Motor Mount question '67 289

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:34 PM
nassaubayman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Motor Mount question '67 289

Can I replace the entire motor mount with a '68 mount? I spoke with someone at Perogie Enterprises and he said I should be able to swap the mount. It might make the motor sit a little higher, but as long as I don't have any type of high-rise intake, that should work.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:05 PM
highhilleer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Sounds like southern engineering to me John, but I guess if it works, it works. I'm surprised Ford hasn't corrected this mistake. I guess it is kinda like having automatic starters listed as manual transmission starters.
While I really like the 67, I'm pretty happy that I now have a 68. There are so many "special" features of the 67 that you have to be really careful. I wouldn't call it a Ford mistake - they have stopped supporting these cars a long time ago. It is now an aftermarket issue, and they are letting the hobbiest fend for themselves when it comes to the unique differences between the years.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: highhilleer

Sounds like southern engineering to me John, but I guess if it works, it works. I'm surprised Ford hasn't corrected this mistake. I guess it is kinda like having automatic starters listed as manual transmission starters.
While I really like the 67, I'm pretty happy that I now have a 68. There are so many "special" features of the 67 that you have to be really careful. I wouldn't call it a Ford mistake - they have stopped supporting these cars a long time ago. It is now an aftermarket issue, and they are letting the hobbiest fend for themselves when it comes to the unique differences between the years.
Well, my 65 still has F O R D right on the front of the hood. It is a Ford, and one that they made a ton of money on back then. I can still go to the Ford dealership and order/buy parts for my 65, so Ford has not abandoned us.The problem is that if you get your parts from a dealership you are going to have to pay twice the price over car parts places and Mustang vendors because they are original Ford tooling parts that fit and work properly.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:54 PM
66GTKFB
5th Gear Member

Only 67 mounts will work. Perogi enterpeises should know that. Everything is set at a different angle except the engine.
Jim
Old 07-02-2007, 10:08 PM
nassaubayman
3rd Gear Member

Will these work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-68...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-03-2007, 02:06 AM
66GTKFB
5th Gear Member

The brackets don't look to be the right angle, and that's the entire problem.Laurel Mountain has an '800' number. In your call - be pushy. You know that 67 is an odd ball, I'll bet they don't.
Jim
Old 07-03-2007, 11:15 AM
nassaubayman
3rd Gear Member

Well, my 65 still has F O R D right on the front of the hood. It is a Ford, and one that they made a ton of money on back then. I can still go to the Ford dealership and order/buy parts for my 65, so Ford has not abandoned us.The problem is that if you get your parts from a dealership you are going to have to pay twice the price over car parts places and Mustang vendors because they are original Ford tooling parts that fit and work properly.
Call your local Ford dealer and tell the parts guy you needboth motor mounts for a '67 Mustang with a 289. Let me know how that works out for you.

Russell & Smith Ford said they don't carry parts that old and I should contact John's Mustangs.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:36 AM
highhilleer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nassaubayman

Call your local Ford dealer and tell the parts guy you needboth motor mounts for a '67 Mustang with a 289. Let me know how that works out for you.

Russell & Smith Ford said they don't carry parts that old and I should contact John's Mustangs.
Similar answer at the local Ford dealer.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Stevetra
2nd Gear Member

Page down on this page...is this the mount you have?

http://www.racepages.com/fr/parts/en...g+Engine+Mount
Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM
nassaubayman
3rd Gear Member

That Westar mount, part number EM2257 is supposed to fit many models. I boughtTRW mounts, part number TR2257. I'm betting its exactly the same as what I have. I've been to NAPA, O'Reilly, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Car Quest, John's Mustangs, Mustangs Unlimited, and now Race Pages. No one shows the '67 mount to be different from the '68. Meanwhile, my motor is stuck hanging from the hoist.

Jim referred me to someone in California who may have a used set. I'm just waiting until its late enough in the day to call. I don't want to wake him up - that may make the price go up.

Quick Reply: Motor Mount question '67 289