Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Giving our daughter a 69 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Giving our daughter a 69 Mustang

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

im in highschool, my 65 is my DD. i dont have a radio, but i gots me some long tubes and flow 40s[8D] the AC is okay in the texas heat, and the chicks dig the classic styling. the backseat isnt big enough to uh...well...
Haha, dude, you do realise you're talking to a man about his daughter right...
Old 08-10-2007, 04:44 PM
RedMachAndOrangeFox
2nd Gear Member

i am 17 an this is my first car so i can speak from experience i didnt like driving it to school very much first becasue i was so worried i would get a fat door ding but then later on i found a good parking spot so no one messes it up (Auto Shop) woot lol but yeah its alot of fun, i would assume that she would be driving a v6 auto ?? if so it probably will be just fine for her and i dont think she will need a super paint just something that sounds and looks good and has a stero and air
Old 08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the replies guys.
Couples things; like RSRXION (but not quite to that extreme lol even though I like his thinking here) There will be NO cell phone use while driving. Period! The removable face stereo is a good idea and I used itwith our 18 yo a few times (showing up late, wakingus up with the loudtunes when she comes in, playingsongs I don't approve ofand such!)
From the factory the carcame withPS and PDB it's a 351w C4 (250hp stock) here are a few picks of the inside after it has sat since somewhere around 1995. I have NOT cleaned it and the front seat need to be recovered.I thought it had been driven more recently but registration show lasttags expired in '95. Yes WE will have to go through everything. Safety is FIRST! WE will decide on a color but I might be open to classic theme with modern colors. It currently is a matching numbers car. Knowing her personality I don't have to worry about HER driving it and trying to find trouble!! She has driven our 06 Vert Mustang with over500hp... Yes dad was in the car but like most teen age girls she is more about looking good being'cool'than going fast! (unlike I was at her age or NOW lol!!!)
We all remember our first car and most of us still like them to some degree... This is my way of passing on to the next generation a true classic. I think IF a 69 Mustang is her first car she will always have a place in her heart for them.
About fox bodys, Not to affend anyone but of all the Mustang bodies, the fox body ranks dead last in order of my favorites. Unless a VERY clean and very good deal comes along, I will own every other style Mustangbefore I own another fox body... Yes there are some very nice fox body Mustangs aroundbut I perfer many other styleMustangs more...
As far as wrecking it... Well I tried forover 4 years to get this car and when I first talked to the owner it wasn't for sale for any price .... Nowletting a quality car like this sit and rot away IMHO is MUCH worse than using it and taking the chance of wrecking it!! After at least a dozen times of visiting the owner we were able to come to terms and make a deal. It needs some body work, few parts, and paint but it is asolid car for the most part.

And YES thatdoes appear tobe120k orig miles and repainted once! orig color was Silver Jade metalic.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:29 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Oh yea couple more things engine and trany were pulled sometime around '95. Theengine is on an engine stand and prep'd for long term storage kept in the guys shop,trany was placed in a plastic bag and slid under a bench in the same shop! (this sounds very good!)
I hooked up jumper cables to the the frame and positive batery cable. HELL every single light worked the fan came on (lots of damn dust!! I laughed at myself for NOT thinking of that before I switched it to high! lol) You want to know something funny is there are more interior lights on this car than either of our 06 Mustangs!! Blinkers high and low beams dash everything!!! I was like NO WAY!!! Heck the radio even works and was tuned to a good station!!!

Sowe have 7 months to get this baby ready.....
Old 08-10-2007, 05:39 PM
dcohen
4th Gear Member

if she wants to drive your chevy truck why not let her, any YOU drive the 69?

if she wrecks teh truck, insurance pays, you get a new truck

you cant exactly get a new 69 mustang
Old 08-10-2007, 06:15 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

lol because I drive a 540hp '06 convertible with the Saleen body kitand Saleen supercharger w/ JDM stage2tune and more aftermarketsuspension parts than I care to remember paying for or talk about lol!!!! Sorry, We aren't trading rides! lolBut I'll GLADY drive her's every chance I get!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:55 PM
takeoutexodus
2nd Gear Member

Im 16 years old ... .and even though i am a speed freak! ..... Safety first!! ... 3 point seatbelts .. and a Headrest!!!!!

And then .. that mighty engine..

Old 08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
middiepride
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluovalguy

am gonna buy her a Miata. Good on gas, fairly safe, reliable, NO BACK SEAT!!! She will think that I am just a loving dad cuz I bought her a cutesy little convertible, but I will know better
haha, smart man. im takin the the middle seat out of the van pretty soon[8D]

oh yeah, im 16
Old 08-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

This is actually pretty funny to read.

Rewind to about 10 months ago...

I'm in the process of putting the final touch ups on the interior of the 66'. My intentions are to give it to my soon to be 16 yr old daughter as a first car. I finally get enough nerve to not change my mind and at the dinner table one night I thought it'd be a good dinner time topic to test the waters and see if she'd bite on my subtle remarks...

I'd mention what I drove for a first car - say things about how much I wanted a Mustang as I was going through high school but didn't have enough money. How I busted my tail for 2 straight summers to save 150 bucks so I could "buy" my first car, etc...

I then asked her if she'd drive a Mustang. Or if she'd work towards saving enough to maybe help purchase one. She lit up like a christmas tree - saying yes! oh my god I would kill.. blah blah blah... So, I said ok fine. You can have the one I just finished, but there'd have to be some kind of contract to buy it. (I'd just put the money in the bank to save for when she heads to college).

You'd of thought I asked her to drive a friggin chevette or pacer. The look on her face was of pure disgust.

That's when she said...

I 'aint driving that ugly thing!

Huge mistake.I said, oh really? Ok, well. You'll drive what I get you AND you'll help pay for it. She now drives a Toyota Carolla.

The best part of this whole story is one day I had to pick her up from school before she could drive. I was waiting out front when she came through the doors. As she got to the car, a whole herd of young stud football players came by and literally fell over theirselfs looking at the mustang. She kinda melted into the seat and said to me - don't even say it. It was way to late for me or her to change her mind as I had alrady bought her the Toyota.

Cheers.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:30 AM
IM RICKY BOBBY
1st Gear Member

IMO 20k is change in the sofa when you think about all the safty features that cobalt has compared to the mustang, i have yet to see a 60's era stanghave air bags (safty air bags) im only 22 but i know if and when i have kids and its time to buy my daughter a car, ill be getting her a nice carolla or honda for 15-20k cuz i know that i would feel alot better knowing it has all those safty features. i know you feel the same as i do when i say that i'd buy her a bentley if that ment(and god forbid it )if she was in a terrible accident and she was able to walk away from it. i wouldnt feel she would be safe driving the mustang, haveing said all that my first car was a 69 mach 1 the same one i own now and i was 16 when my parents bought it for me, i loved it. i won best car in the year book my senior year, and the chicks loved it, i'd role up blasting some AC/DC or METALICA. i ended up enstalling a metal baseball bat in the back seat so when i was getting swarmed by girls i could beat them off. you guys may laugh at what im saying butits not so funny when one of the girls jumping on your car falls off and rolls under the car while your moving.... [sm=shades.gif]its all fun and games until someone gets hurt..... then its hilarious .....

Quick Reply: Giving our daughter a 69 Mustang