Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Our backwards resto....66 vert!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 AM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Our backwards resto....66 vert!

That's an awesome find and the price was definately right! Have fun with it and take lots of pics,I have a '65 vert as well.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Nice find, and a rare car with the options. It would make a nice Concours original. Its just my 2 cents, but I would keep all the upgrades to the point of where they can be easily changed back. I have both restomods and original cars, but it would be hard for me to alter one this good and rare beyond the point no return. Like you said.......
"almost like a piece of history was just left sitting, forgot about, and now its time to bring it back... "
but its your car. As far as value, its only worth what someone is willing to pay. I have seen Concours originals often bring less than a well done resto. This will change in time I think, as a car can only be original once. Either way, have fun.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 PM
jamieNerikas66stang
3rd Gear Member

had some time today to start recovering the rear seats today, wow this is the first time i have ever reupholstered and will be the last, it was a pain in the *** and my hands are killing me, i need to let it sit over night, hit it with the steamer tomorrow and re tighten some things, but overall its not bad
upholstery

upholstery

seat bottom

rear almost done

done till tomorrow
Old 10-31-2007, 11:39 PM
connor90
4th Gear Member

hmmmm...did you get the TMI stuff??? when i did my rear seats i found it real simple...much easier than the fronts. what made it so difficult?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:50 PM
jamieNerikas66stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: connor90

hmmmm...did you get the TMI stuff??? when i did my rear seats i found it real simple...much easier than the fronts. what made it so difficult?
yea it was from TMI, and it was so difficult cause i have absolutly no idea what i was doing, it took me about 10 minutes of looking at it to figure out to start in the middle, haha, sorry but never recovered stuff before,...
Old 10-31-2007, 11:57 PM
connor90
4th Gear Member

haha...you are supposed to start in the middle??? oops...i was so excited when i got my upholstry i just went at it. turned out pretty nice, its definately rough on the fingers though. had to stop and take a break half way through but it was one of the most rewarding things ive done to my car since i get to look at it every day. but anyways they look great and i cant wait to see your car finished!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Haha i'm still working on my first bucket seats, the high top mach-1 seats are a pain in the a$$! However the rear seat looks like a peice of cake to me, after my strungles on the first seat that is.

Oh and it took me like 2 hours of messing with my seat and trial and error to figure out how to even do it.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

yeah, the buckets are a real PITA thats for sure. took me 2 days to to my front 2 seats and only about an hour to do the back seat. have fun with that haha[8D].
Old 11-01-2007, 01:10 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

haha it took me like 5 hours just tod do the bottom portion of the seat. Still working on the back peice, it almost seams the new foam and the vinyl are incompatible which is making it reallllly hard. The problem with the 69 seats is you have the head rest portion that has to be slid ontop first and aligned and blah blah perfectly. I did that but everything else is still too short!! ugh so frustrating I just gave up for now will attempt again this weekend
Old 11-01-2007, 01:18 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

haha man that sucks. i got a headrest kit for mine and it didnt seem that hard but yours is probably much different. i go so frustrated when i tried to do mine and actually almost gave up but i couldnt afford to have a pro do it so i made it work. took a while to figure it out but the second seat went much smoother than the first one.

Quick Reply: Our backwards resto....66 vert!