Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

You hoodlums been behavin'?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:30 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Default RE: You hoodlums been behavin'?

ORIGINAL: 4reboy

ORIGINAL: gothand

I've been bad James, the paint is hardly dry on my resto and I'm already gearing up for EFI. Just need a throttle body, the fuel pump/lines and some time and then I'm on it.
Jeff, you're gettin EFI for your fastback? very cool. 302?
Yeah, the Ford Racing crate motor is essentially an EFI motor, I already have a serpentine setup from a Fox body (hence the engine bay doesn't look original) and the wiring for the electric fuel pump (crate motor doesn't have a cam eccentric and I didn't install one as I thought I'd go EFI some day ), so I figure why the heck not. I wouldn't do it if it were near stock, but with the engine, the T-5 with cable clutch and Global West suspension, what are a few more wires and a funny shaped plenum? Ultimately, this follows my blueprint of a stock looking ride (interior and exterior) with modern driving features.

I'm going to enjoy it for another month or two as I finish gathering the missing pieces and then I'm gonna' go for it!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: You hoodlums been behavin'?

ORIGINAL: gothand

Yeah, the Ford Racing crate motor is essentially an EFI motor, I already have a serpentine setup from a Fox body (hence the engine bay doesn't look original) and the wiring for the electric fuel pump (crate motor doesn't have a cam eccentric and I didn't install one as I thought I'd go EFI some day ), so I figure why the heck not. I wouldn't do it if it were near stock, but with the engine, the T-5 with cable clutch and Global West suspension, what are a few more wires and a funny shaped plenum? Ultimately, this follows my blueprint of a stock looking ride (interior and exterior) with modern driving features.

I'm going to enjoy it for another month or two as I finish gathering the missing pieces and then I'm gonna' go for it!
Very nice Jeff I'm sure it'll work out great! Good gas milage with some muscle, all while keeping the stock look. Best of luck to ya!