Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

some people! funny story...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:26 PM
flyingfool
3rd Gear Member

Default some people! funny story...

so this afternoon i was sitting around my car in a parking lotwaiting for my sister, and this guy comes up and throws the usual "hey, nice car". I said my usual thanks and stuff, we kinda talked about the usual things, what i had in it and so forth. eventually heasks ifI had seen gone in sixty seconds. I asked which one,and he said "you know, the one with nichlas cage?" so I answered yes I had. then, heres theamusing part...he goes on to say that my car is Elenor from that movie...(i have a bronze 73 http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...l/CIMG2017.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...l/CIMG2016.jpgso nothing special) anyway, I politly corect him that no, it is not and inform him that it is similar to the one from the ORIGINAL gone in 60. He tells me im wrong, and that he runs a bodyshopand he knows his S*$%,insisting that my car is the same as the elenor.I basicly tell him, yeah, OK..whatever. (not taking my car there!). yet he then looks in my carand starts saying stuff like. hey is that a three speed? i dont think thats stock! are you sure its all original?? (im sitting there laughing to myself by now) at this point, my sister walks out, and my parking entertainment comes to an end. i can undertand where someone could get confused here, but some people just HAVE to be right ALL THE Fing TIME! [:@]o well, had nothing else to do there..
sorry for the long type, I just found it funny that my lowly 73 coupe has been confused with and shelby
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Default RE: some people! funny story...

Well, some people already know everything......

They have no idea how foolish they look when everyone else know they are full of sh*t.

BTW... I don't consider a 73 coupe even remotely "lowly".
Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

honestly... that is PRETTY hard to mix up the two 60 cars. they are very, very different.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
flyingfool
3rd Gear Member

ok, lowly by comparison to a shelbysreputation...I love my car! it sure is better then a lot of other things out there! hehe. heck, I guess I should be happy that my car looks that good!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:52 AM
falconfixer
1st Gear Member

They were both Mustangs and they both had transmissions! He wuz right! H8r!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:48 AM
dr1965
2nd Gear Member

the guy may be retarded.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Naaah.

Nobody ever told him that it's "better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"
Old 01-09-2008, 08:25 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flyingfool

ok, lowly by comparison to a shelbysreputation...I love my car! it sure is better then a lot of other things out there! hehe. heck, I guess I should be happy that my car looks that good!
I have always liked the 70s Mustangs from my youth.

I have two sisters older than me. Older by 7 and 9 years. One had a 72 Coupe, the other had a 73 Coupe. Growing up I always thought they were awsome cars, and I still do.

Your car looks awsome in gold!!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:44 AM
mustangmatt63
3rd Gear Member

Yeah thats pretty funny!! I do not recommend going to his so called BODY SHOP! You might get something back that resembles a RAMBLER!!Every once in a while you run into a Know it all that knows absolutely nothing!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

haha thats a really funy story. i really DO NOT LIKE ppl that think they kno it all but dont kno jack sht. itdoes amuse me though. but seriously, how can u mix up a bronze 73 and a silver 67 (or 68 not sure)???

Quick Reply: some people! funny story...