Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

cd player install

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 03:52 AM
jman67

Default cd player install

I want to install a cd player in my 67. Can anyone tell me how to wire it. I see there is only 4 wires going to the stock radio one is for the power one is for the light and two are for the speaker. I know I will have to run my own speaker wires but I am not sure which wires get connected to what on the new cd player.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:59 PM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

Default RE: cd player install

You will probably be better off running new wires to it. Run a power line to the fuse box, then run a ground wire and ground it somewhere to the car. oops forgot, you also have to run a memory wire to the fuse box, it has to have a constant supply of power. The other power wire needs to get power when the car is turned on. I just stick the wire in between the fuse and fuse box. Hope this helps!
Old 03-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

If you had a radio in it before, you will still have positive and negative wires there. The positive goes to the ignition switch so the radio/cd player is turned off when you shut down.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:11 PM
fats429
2nd Gear Member

I try from memory

red= iggy hot
yellow=constant hot / memory
black = ground

greay , green , white , purple are speakers witch is front & rear I dont remeber work it out with the fade and ballance to know for shure . fade all the way front and ballance allway right hook up the speaker wires until you get sound that is the front right and so on . the pos / neg on the speaker wires is the solid color is the + speaker & the color and black stripe is -

The blue wire is for power out to acc. If you ant running a amp or something like that it dont get used
Old 03-27-2005, 09:53 PM
jman67

ORIGINAL: fats429

I try from memory

red= iggy hot
yellow=constant hot / memory
black = ground

greay , green , white , purple are speakers witch is front & rear I dont remeber work it out with the fade and ballance to know for shure . fade all the way front and ballance allway right hook up the speaker wires until you get sound that is the front right and so on . the pos / neg on the speaker wires is the solid color is the + speaker & the color and black stripe is -

The blue wire is for power out to acc. If you ant running a amp or something like that it dont get used
I have already run wires for the ground and constant but I need to connect the red wire to a switched source. do you know which wire is a switched wire
Old 03-27-2005, 10:04 PM
fats429
2nd Gear Member

would not jump off a nother wire under thare . run a nothet one from the fuse block if you are out of room you could just tie it in to the constant hot . It wont hurt nothing all that will happen is the radio wont shut off when you turn the key off .
Old 03-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Dan66
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jman67

...I need to connect the red wire to a switched source.
I attached mine directly to the back of the ignition switch.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:55 PM
jman67

I will give that a try. are you talking about the nut on the back of the ignition
Old 09-23-2016, 07:46 PM
buckeyesuave

Hey JMAN! Was this something that you owned?
It is my old car and I recently bought it back after 30 years and I am looking to find out about its history. Please email me at buckeyesuave@yahoo.com thanks!!