Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

The Stang is back! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: The Stang is back! :-)

ORIGINAL: 65_2plus2

Oh yes, I was that. At a typical light I would mash the gas peddle, wait for about 2 seconds and pop the clutch. I would get a hell of a launch or a great burn out.
I can still get great burn outs with the C-4 in my 65 without having to worry about clutchs.

But than again, that was in my youth. [sm=smiley2.gif]
We were all dumb chits in our teens, weren't we? My problem was that I owned a 1951 Chevorlet 6 banger that would hardly pull the hat off your head. I was a poor farmer's kid and couldn't afford the '57 Chevy's the rich kids in my high school could afford.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:15 AM
jes72mustang
2nd Gear Member

Scratchy, and others.

1st off I'm new here. Next, I have a 72 Grande, 351C FMX tranny. I just had the Tranny rebuilt last month and was told the same thing. One of the previous owners when they changed to the Holley double pumper and Edelbrock performer intake must have removed the Kickdown Linkage. I had a hell of a time finding one, since they are out of production and there is no reproduction parts. I finally got one from another Mustang enthusiast in Ca. But now it doesn't hook up to the carb.

I wanted to find out from some of you here what set ups you had, and if you had issues getting this kickdown linkage hooked up?
Does anyone know if Holley has some form of adapted to make the connection?

Thanks
Old 04-07-2005, 09:26 AM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

I call that a passing gear.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jes72mustang

Scratchy, and others.

1st off I'm new here. Next, I have a 72 Grande, 351C FMX tranny. I just had the Tranny rebuilt last month and was told the same thing. One of the previous owners when they changed to the Holley double pumper and Edelbrock performer intake must have removed the Kickdown Linkage. I had a hell of a time finding one, since they are out of production and there is no reproduction parts. I finally got one from another Mustang enthusiast in Ca. But now it doesn't hook up to the carb.

I wanted to find out from some of you here what set ups you had, and if you had issues getting this kickdown linkage hooked up?
Does anyone know if Holley has some form of adapted to make the connection?

Thanks
Welcome to the site. There is a complete one on E-Bay right now, but it's for a 67-68. Keep checking there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW