Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

what should i do?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:26 AM
guybored
2nd Gear Member

Default what should i do?????

hello i have a question im hoping you all can help me out. I have a 65 coupe with a strait six, i just got it out of the shop they were changing it to a five lug. I was to lazy to do it so i took it a to friend of mine to do the swap the problem with that is he took 5 months to finish it. So heres my problem i found a 87 mustang for sale and it has everything motor wires, computer, and tranny i need to check it because it wont start the guy say he took out the distributor and put it back but the timings wrong so it wont start. i was going to wait to install a v8 but i think this is a great oportunity for $500, i dont want to take the car back to my friend and have to wait till next year to get it back. Im capable of installing everything. is it to difficult to wire everything up to get it working in my car, and is there any website that show how to do that. thanks for your help
Old 03-08-2008, 01:41 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what should i do?????

this is exactly the reason i dont let friends do work on my cars, cause if they take tooo long or do a shoddy job, its hard for me to yell at them, get your car back asap and when he asks why you dont want him to do the swap, just tell him you want to do it yourself
Old 03-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Daze
3rd Gear Member

500 is a steel even if the motor needs work, especially if it has a T5. In 87 the block would be a roller motor and good for building some power. http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/ will give you all the info you need on doing the swap. Also James W has info on his web site about this swap and of course is a member here who can help you.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:13 PM
guybored
2nd Gear Member

thanks guy im going to go see the car tomorrow i think im going to get itand hold on installing the motor for a while because my frame needs help so im going to fix that before i install more weight and power. i dont know what a t5 is but im thinking its a standard transmission is that better cuz the 87 is auto. i what to make it automatic, because i know stick is going to make me what to play with it, and my plans are to fix it up and take care of it, drive slow not racing