Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Time to remodel...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 03:08 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Default Time to remodel...

I think it's about time we did something about this sticky section. Look at it, it's almost as big as the topic section.

Now the advertisement things are there for good, but couldnt we create a thread called "Sticky" and then place all the sticky threads in that one?

Or something like that...
Maybe I'm just being dumb..
Old 05-24-2008, 03:43 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Time to remodel...

I agree somewhat, this happened like a year ago but it was way worse, then they got rid of some announcements and stuff. But I think if we put all the sticky's into one sticky thread, no one will visit it
Old 05-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

It's a global problem on forums. Stickies are supposed to be helpful and the first place to look for a newbies' questions, unfortunately in nearly all cases they don't bother to look. As time passes, more and more useful information in stuck up there, making the list drag on into the rest of the page. What really needs done is the FAQ sticky updated, constantly, as good info pops up. When someone comes with a question, you can use the FAQ to fetch the link to the info, then remind them to search the FAQ for any more issues they have before making new threads.

Based on my few years modding experience on a forum of 100000+ members, I'd say the cooling system issues thread and the EFI thread need unstuck and moved into the FAQ, probably the same as 67 super snakes' thread, although adding to the FAQ may not be necessary unless someone wants to add in an "interesting threads" section to it. There are currently two threads up there from ride of the month that won't be permanent, so those aren't much of an issue. The threads about certain types of pictures are always a hard one, I think here as it's a relatively slow forum they are fine to leave stickied since they are a good resource. The rules thread would be better set as a global announcement in my opinion, or even better added in the description of all the forums so it appears at the top of every page in another box (perhaps edit them down a bit in length if this route is taken).

In any case though, yes in this environment they stickies are starting to take over, something should be done to cut them down a bit. Of course, I'm not a mod here, so that's not really up to me
Old 05-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Gun Jam

I vote on keeping

Pics of your rides.

Here's a picture of my engine bay, where is yours?

This is me

kids and mustangs

FAQ

Everything else can go

-Gun
Old 05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
ky
America ftw

ORIGINAL: Gun Jam

I vote on keeping

Pics of your rides.

Here's a picture of my engine bay, where is yours?

This is me

kids and mustangs

FAQ

Everything else can go

-Gun
i say get rid of either kids and mustangs or this is me.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:36 PM
HGC
4th Gear Member

Actually some of the stickies would be better cleaned up themselves. "This is me" has a lot of replies which repeat the same pictures and they could be deleted.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:27 PM
JamesW

Let's get some more opinions and then I'll clean it up. Admin stickies are out of my control.