Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

The people of this forums

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The people of this forums

lol, i used to always be in here, but now im everywhere else
Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThanksDad

I have been thinking about asking a question for a while and maybe this post will answer it for me. When I drive around in my 66 I wave and get a wave from other guys with classics whether they are in a Mustang , Ford, Chevy , Mopar, etc.

When I see someone in a new Mustang they seem to think us classic guys are 2nd class people. You would think they would appreciate where thier car came from. Of course you can't group all new owners together but that is the impression I get from most.
I could not agree with you ANY more. EVERY classic i pass shows me the same respect I show them. Other mustang owners, f they even RECOGNIZE im in a mustang, almost completely fail to recognize any kind of mutual respect.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

and to confirm... I'm 21. And my first car was a 67 coupe. I have been through 8 classics since, and am about to acquire my 9th this weekend. (another 67)

I met alot of guys with newer ones at the meet and greet saturday that I liked, but many of them were punkasses whose daddy bought them a quick first car. really disgusts me.

Thanks for everyone being understanding. I really like it here. I have learned alot, and I hope I have been able to share some of my knowledge with people. I have limits and where I don't know, someone else always picks up. Its the way we work here. Tuning our cars doesnt include bolting on a chip. It includes hard work and alot of patience, and knowledge that many guys here have. It's really nice.

Again Im not saying all new model owners are asses, just a large majority compared to owners of classics...
Old 06-10-2008, 10:31 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ive had 27 mustangs now not all classics some late models the newest being a 95
im 25
Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 PM
dugan
2nd Gear Member

im 18, and have my first classic, (67 coupe) and first car. And yes, "Daddy" bought it for me, but I am paying him back for it, and it is "both of ours" and its far from a show car, its broke down more often than it runs lol. I love it tho, the knowledge i am learning from everyone here, and from trial and error, the mutual respect when i see someone else driving their classic (especailly another mustang owner) its worth it. Also its nice to because my dad and I can work on it together. If I ever do have to get rid of the 67mustang it will be a sad day because I will, and already do have a lot of blood sweat and tears in it.

ps. I love it when you see someone in a new mustang, who thinks they are badass and they can't even tell you something as simple as changing their oil, or anything else for that matter =)
Old 06-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Hot70Mach1
2nd Gear Member

My first car was a 2001 mustang gt convertible. black with leather seats. it was a slick car for a 16 year old.

long story short i killed myself working for that car and i used to go on the forums. and would try to have conversations about caster/camber angles and swapping to 4v heads. and people would tell me im an idiot and things like that.

its about as positive as a war zone over there.

i just picked up my fourth mustang which is a 67 and ive been on this side for a while. its much more positive and informative.

i was reading a car magazine the other day. it was an opinion piece about some actor totaling his Enzo ferrari. the writer went on to say that a "car guy" who would have bought the brakes and spent a week sweating and bleeding to install the 89758 inch brakes on the ferrari would have had greater respect for the ability and value of the car versus somone who just bought a ferrari. and the guy that worked on that car to build it himself more likely than not would not have put his car in that situation because he valued that car much more.

rant off.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:20 PM
67droptop1
2nd Gear Member

I am learning alot from the classic section you guys are the greatest. You Answer even the stupidest of my questions. I am older and wanted a muscle car again. First car was a 68 camaro, second was a 70 challenger, So I know very little aboutMustangs. So I was alittle worried about doing it. The guys on here have made me glad I decided to go ahead and buy theMustang.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 PM
vineman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Waffles

ORIGINAL: ThanksDad

I have been thinking about asking a question for a while and maybe this post will answer it for me. When I drive around in my 66 I wave and get a wave from other guys with classics whether they are in a Mustang , Ford, Chevy , Mopar, etc.

When I see someone in a new Mustang they seem to think us classic guys are 2nd class people. You would think they would appreciate where thier car came from. Of course you can't group all new owners together but that is the impression I get from most.
I could not agree with you ANY more. EVERY classic i pass shows me the same respect I show them. Other mustang owners, f they even RECOGNIZE im in a mustang, almost completely fail to recognize any kind of mutual respect.
Itotally agree with everything that has been said here. I've noticed the commrodery (sp :P) amongst classic car owners. Driving around in my best friend's 74 vette we get waves from other classic vette owners (really almost any classic car driving on the road at the time)and when we try to wave at C5's and C6's even C4's they just look at us like we're stupid or something, as if we're not good enough because we "can't afford" a brand effing new Vette with everything already on it. It really saddens me.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:38 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

I rarely go outside the classic section, and if I do its to off topic. There its a whole different world, you can't have a post without someone changing it or pointing out simple flaws or just with someone going *****! lol
Old 06-10-2008, 11:58 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ORIGINAL: dugan

im 18, and have my first classic, (67 coupe) and first car. And yes, "Daddy" bought it for me, but I am paying him back for it, and it is "both of ours" and its far from a show car, its broke down more often than it runs lol. I love it tho, the knowledge i am learning from everyone here, and from trial and error, the mutual respect when i see someone else driving their classic (especailly another mustang owner) its worth it. Also its nice to because my dad and I can work on it together. If I ever do have to get rid of the 67mustang it will be a sad day because I will, and already do have a lot of blood sweat and tears in it.

ps. I love it when you see someone in a new mustang, who thinks they are badass and they can't even tell you something as simple as changing their oil, or anything else for that matter =)

made me think about the time i was installing the engine in a 72 i had, i pushed hood hinge down with the spring on it few hours later it popped and slammed me in the jaw, it didnt cut my skin but i believe it chipped my jaw bone i can still feel the spot where it hit small dent

Quick Reply: The people of this forums