Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

The people of this forums

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Default The people of this forums

Am I the only one terrified to step out of the classic section? Like wtf is up with everyone that owns a Mustang that isn't a classic just being dicks? It embarasses me to own a Mustang, because so many of the ****** with late model ones are just asses, and you know they act like it in RL too...

I don't know... its just really sad that we have such a great group of people in the classics section but all the people in the other section seem to be a bunch of punks.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:03 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The people of this forums

So you noticed that too.. Its like night and day stepping out of the classic section into the other sections of this site.. I like it here, it makes me feel safe.. LOL..

I really appreciate all of the respect on this board. You guys make it a great place.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:17 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

OUCH!
Waffles That hurts!

Guess I'll go back to the 2005-08 or Saleen sections...... Allow me to pack my parts up and I'll be movin on...

j/k
But sorry it appears that way in the other sections!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:17 PM
davesanborn
3rd Gear Member

Understand that 90% of Mustang owners wouldn't know an intake valve from an exhaust valve.

It's real easy to buy an '03 GT and think you're a race car driver and backyard mechanic.

I met the president of the local Mustang club a couple months ago and he asked me to meet him and the rest of the guys on a Saturday morning. He seemed like a nice enough young man... and probably is. but I just didn't fit into his "club".

Upon arrival, everyone was "working" on their cars. By working, I mean they were applying tire black onto the their sidewalls and wiping down their cars. I started to ask some detailed questions about their cars and they were absolutely clueless. One of the guys had a Roush car and I asked him where his supercharger disappeared to? He looked at me like I was from a far away planet... "What supercharger?" was his response. I had to convince him that the weird looking bracket on the front of his engine was for mounting a supercharger... then I showed him the Roush Racing serp. belt sticker mounted to his radiator support that depicted the belt routingfor the supercharger.... I still don't think he believes me. The other "Mustang guys" in his "club" were just as clueless as they stood there with their sponges.

Whatever. Generational differences I guess.

I understand that there is the other 10%. There's a local guy running 23 pounds of boost and getting over 750HP out of his twin cam 4.6. This guy knows his stuff.

Dave
Old 06-10-2008, 04:22 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

The problem with the audio section is the constant parade of TarTar's that know nothing about car audio but give people advice anyway.

There are a number of us that fight the ignorance, and although ugly sometimes, it is a neccesary evil.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:31 PM
dugan
2nd Gear Member

Not long after I joined this forum, I realized that the classic section was the only place to stay..I feel at home here. I am probably still in the %90 percent of mustang owners that doesn't know much about their car, but I have learned a lot from everyone here in the classic section!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:33 PM
ThanksDad
3rd Gear Member

I have been thinking about asking a question for a while and maybe this post will answer it for me. When I drive around in my 66 I wave and get a wave from other guys with classics whether they are in a Mustang , Ford, Chevy , Mopar, etc.

When I see someone in a new Mustang they seem to think us classic guys are 2nd class people. You would think they would appreciate where thier car came from. Of course you can't group all new owners together but that is the impression I get from most.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

I wonder if it is because we have to put a fair amount of time in our car to get them running right and we dont have a turn key ride that isright off the lot. so we have a little more respect for our cars and what goes into them. It might even be the same kind of debate as in fordvs chevy.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:29 PM
LCC
4th Gear Member

Coming form the 90's mustang crowd I know how they are. You can buy a fast, reliable "Mustang" that for little money you can make a weapon on the street. So a lot of them have attitudes, not all, but some. The funny thing is that they argue between them selves as who's faster. The trick is to show them the way and they are trying. It's funny how a couple of classic guys see each other will stop and talk and a fox body owner will just give a nod and ask if you want to race...

Now the kids around here are pretty good about not street racing and seem to be genuine about the love of all mustangs.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:45 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

That is entirely incorrect, everytime i go in to another section I feel completely welcome!

Oh wait i am just playing, yeah I was trying to have some pleasent conversations in the OT the other day but that did not turn out so hot,, can you blame them though they all just drive mustangs we drive classics On a side note there are decent folks with newer Mustangs... the ones who own or appreciate classics...

I think in other sections people are just wound up, i find those sections to be kind of trendy in car fashion, don't get me wrong I have far from an original car but i can appreciate even the originals... Point being peoples opinions and appreciations vary, I wouldn't expect someone from the s197 section telling me what i need to do to my car, and i would not know what the heck to do to theirs.... Bang on it with a hammer

THE OT IS A DIFFERENT SECTION ENTIRELY AND NOTHING I SAID APPLIES.... they are just crazy in there but it can be pretty fun!

I love not having to go to the shop and hook my car up to an object smarter than I, only to find there is nothing wrong, except i am low on washer fluid

Quick Reply: The people of this forums