Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Good bye Circuit City, hello new speakers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 04:42 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Default Good bye Circuit City, hello new speakers!

I ran by Circuit City today and picked up some Sony 6 X 9's for my package tray in the back....this is the last part of my interior that really needs some tlc. I have some old speakers back there but one doesn't work.

Got a pretty decent deal on them (about 30%) off.

Virginia Classic had similar speakers for about $60 and I got these for a bit less than that with no shipping.

The place was pretty crowded but if you need some sort of electronic type items for the house or car it might be worth going by if you have one still open in your area.

My general plan is to buy a new package tray, change out the speakers and move my 3 point seat belt retractors into the trunk....those things look super tacky sitting on the package tray.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:52 PM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

Score!!! Sounds like a good deal.

I bought some Polk 6x9 speakers for my car on ebay two weeks before Christmas and the guy never sent them. He doesn't return my messages and ran off with the money. I used Paypal and opened a claim, but they haven't responded and say it will take 30 days to get my money back. WTF?
Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

And to top it all off the guy selling them to me has a '78 Trans Am that he just had the motor rebuilt.

So of course we had to sit and talk cars for a bit. Not like he was going to get fired, LOL!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:19 PM
wumarshall82
2nd Gear Member

When I sell things on ebay, the buyer pays paypal paypal then takes it out of the buyers account but it holds it from the seller until the buyer either: leaves good feedback, the seller can show a tracking number of the delivery of the product, or the buyer doesnt leave any feedback and then paypal releases the money after 21 days (which is the amount of time you have to leave feedback).

I am pretty sure your money is being held by paypal and the seller hasnt gotten it. When I sold something I had to call paypal to remind them to release my money after I showed the tickets I sold arrived at the buyers house.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:22 PM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, so I started another.

So where does the dude plan to work now that the Circuit City gig is up?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:10 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

I just came back from there too.. The store is about a block from my house.. They are only at 10% off in the store now, so I will wait a couple of weeks and see what they have in the slim pickin's 40-60% off stuff.. I need a new stereo system for the car.. And a wifi pickup for my computer
Old 01-17-2009, 10:17 PM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fakesnakes
Score!!! Sounds like a good deal.

I bought some Polk 6x9 speakers for my car on ebay two weeks before Christmas and the guy never sent them. He doesn't return my messages and ran off with the money. I used Paypal and opened a claim, but they haven't responded and say it will take 30 days to get my money back. WTF?
Bastages.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:55 AM
mushaus
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I picked up a MTX 4 channel amp for 40% off from Circuit City too!! Definately worth the trip if you have one close.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:04 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

I just might run by there in the next couple of days and just see what all is left. Probably not much but you never know.

Thanks to the speakers I decided to purchase a new package tray also.

I was floored however when they wanted $25 to ship the $10 part. My general reaction was F-you.

Luckily, my buddy that runs a resto shop is currently working on a '65 convertible for a client of his so I called him and he is running down to the local Mustang shop this week...heck of a lot rather pay him $5 to pitch for gas. I would just run down there but it is 45 minutes there and 45 back assuming it isn't rush hour.

Does anyone have any pictures of three point belts mounted in the trunk?

I was looking at them on Sunday and if I drop a straight line from where they are currently on the package tray to the trunk floor I hit the wheel well and that obviously won't fly.

Right now all I have dividing the trunk from the back seat is a flimsy particle board thing. I was thinking about maybe getting a sheet of metal to weld in there to divide the two and then I might be able to mount the retractors on that. Has anybody ever put a piece of sheet metal like that in to divide the trunk?

Last edited by SJs 66coupe; 01-20-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Me and my roommate went in there yesterday and we were both unimpressed. They had stuff 10-25% off, and everything electronic was only 10%. I can get a better deal than that during a sale at Best Buy.

Quick Reply: Good bye Circuit City, hello new speakers!