Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Signature sizes

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Misterwally

Just joined yesterday and my first signature photo was a monster. I also used the behind the couch icon. A very nice person called attention to my photo's size by saying something to the effect that I needed to be hiding behind the couch with a signature that big. I managed to get it cut down so I think I'm ok now. I'm not much of gun person. I do admire the beauty of a nice looking automobile as well as a nice looking woman. Guns Cars and Women could all be considered dangerous. We all know men are. I personally don't have a problem with any of the above even though I came here to mostly to look at cars. If I see a gun I'm not going to duck,{Unless someone pointing one at me.} If see a sexy woman I'm not going to turn my head. If I see a car thats hot then that is exactly why I came here.

Last edited by Misterwally; 07-08-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: add a thought
Old 08-20-2009, 10:53 PM
RolandT3Speed
2nd Gear Member

This image is actually 150x500 pixels.

Please clarify, is the sig size limit the size of the box (150x500) or is it 250x500 as stated in the box?

Just wondering, thx.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:32 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

^hahaha good point, didn't notice that. I believe I've read 500x250 in the past and in the user CP or something
Old 10-19-2009, 08:19 PM
hellmustang

useful rules!i will follow it.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:59 PM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

I'm not one to be a stickler for things, but can something be done about the memory hog animated signatures that are basically videos? It bogs down the page too much.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
oogravyoo

Originally Posted by tx65coupe
I'm not one to be a stickler for things, but can something be done about the memory hog animated signatures that are basically videos? It bogs down the page too much.
agree
Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM
CarGuyZM10
2nd Gear Member

Mine was huge, but I just downsized it. I hope this is better.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:16 PM
beastmanh

I have no sig pic, because I am too lazy to pick one. I agree with no partial nudity, and pic sizes, but guns? That's just weird. It seems to me that if you can't have a pic of a gun then you can't have a pic of a soldier either, as they are both equally responsible for our freedom. Our troops can't protect our freedom with slingshots. If guns are offensive because they kill people, then we have to eliminate kitchen knives, scissors, baseball bats, tire irons, airplanes, CARS, rocks, trees, chain saws, etc. etc.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 AM
Gregski
3rd Gear Member

being an awesome email administrator by day, don't, and I mean don't get me started on people's signatures, my favorite email pet peeves are those one word replies with the 74 lines of signature rich text (underlined, bold, italic, in color) with the useless legal disclaimer and animated graphics on an awful background image, and a picture of the sender and their cat, geez - if they spent half the time they did on making that stupid signature block as they did actually working maybe... well you get the idea, thanks for reading my rant

Regards,
California Greg
1968 Ford Mustang
289, C4, pin stripe, cigarette lighter delete
Shoe Size: 14
Height: 5'11" 1/2
Weight: 195 lbs
Sacramento, CA
United States
Earth
Milky Way

IMPORTANT: This post is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this post is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this post.

Last edited by Gregski; 02-23-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 AM
bluemustang1966
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gregski
being an awesome email administrator by day, don't, and I mean don't get me started on people's signatures, my favorite email pet peeves are those one word replies with the 74 lines of signature rich text (underlined, bold, italic, in color) with the useless legal disclaimer and animated graphics on an awful background image, and a picture of the sender and their cat, geez - if they spent half the time they did on making that stupid signature block as they did actually working maybe... well you get the idea, thanks for reading my rant

Regards,
California Greg
1968 Ford Mustang
289, C4, pin stripe, cigarette lighter delete
Shoe Size: 14
Height: 5'11" 1/2
Weight: 195 lbs
Sacramento, CA
United States
Earth
Milky Way

IMPORTANT: This post is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this post is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this post.
I completely agree. I do Tier 2 PC Hardware/Software support and my favorite ticket to get is the one that says, 'I can't make my signature how I want it.' And what they want to do is just what you detailed. For any company, all you need is Name/Address/Desk Phone/Fax (maybe). You don't need to put your email address because if you just sent an email,, guess what, they now have your email address.

Quick Reply: Signature sizes