Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Does anyone know anything about Precision Engine???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
BigMan52

Question Does anyone know anything about Precision Engine???

http://www.precisionengine.com/

Does anyone have any experience with these guys, or heard anything about them? They're close to me and lower-priced, but still have a 12 month warranty. They would be rebuilding mine instead of shipping me a long block assembly.

Cheers.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:35 AM
nassaubayman
3rd Gear Member

I've known two people that have used Precision Engine in Houston. I can't remember if they bought long blocks, short blocks, or had their blocks rebuilt. But I do know that they were both quite satisfied with the company.

I personally have used Thunderbolt Engine & Transmission for a 351-C 4V long block. I'll never use them again. Really bad experience. I've used another (I can't remember the name) on Almeda near 610 for my ex-wife's Jeep. Another bad experience.

The one thing that Percision doesn't do is remove and install the engine into your car. They only supply the motors. If you're doing the work yourself, then that's definitely the place I'd go to.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 AM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Just me but I would find someone that specializes in ford motors.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:08 AM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

I've bought a couple of PER engines in the past. A Chevy 350 for a Blazer, it was a great engine, purchased a short block and heads. Only problem was the dowel pins were missing for the head locators.

The other was a 6 cyl for a Jeep Cherokee, I'm not sure if it was my daughter failing to maintain or a poorly built motor, but it didn't even last 10,000 miles. I suspect the daughter but can't be sure. The other thing on this one (long block) was that the intake manifold bolts were broken in the head, but PER sent some guys out and they got it out for me, that's pretty good customer service if you ask me.

Should be good for a DD, but for a performance application I'd be leery.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 AM
BigMan52

Originally Posted by nassaubayman
I've known two people that have used Precision Engine in Houston. I can't remember if they bought long blocks, short blocks, or had their blocks rebuilt. But I do know that they were both quite satisfied with the company.

I personally have used Thunderbolt Engine & Transmission for a 351-C 4V long block. I'll never use them again. Really bad experience. I've used another (I can't remember the name) on Almeda near 610 for my ex-wife's Jeep. Another bad experience.

The one thing that Percision doesn't do is remove and install the engine into your car. They only supply the motors. If you're doing the work yourself, then that's definitely the place I'd go to.
Thanks for the heads up on those two places. I should have mentioned in my original post - I'm looking to make a 350-400 hp daily driver. Sounds like Precision is worth a shot. I've already pulled the engine

(For anyone thinking about trying to pull their own - DO IT! Waaaay easier than I thought it would be. Just buy a $12 plate that bolts to your intake manifold to accept the hook from the engine hoist, unbolt everything, and pull)

nassaubayman - any advice or experience with paint and body shops?

Cheers.