Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Bought a house, and a space for my Mustangs.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default Bought a house, and a space for my Mustangs.

Some of you may know that Ada and I have been spending the greater part of the summer looking for a retirement home in the hill country of Texas. Well, we finally found it. It is located in Wimberley, Texas and the back yard is right next to the 4th tee box on the golf course. Here is a picture of the back of the house, and where I am standing taking the picture is where I plan to build my workshop to work on Mustangs. It is two 1/4 acre lots. The house is on one of the lots, and the other lot is currently just a bunch of scrub oak trees. I know this is kind of off topic, but some of you were asking for me to show some pics once the retirement home was found. After we get all settled in, maybe I will be able to host a Mustang get-together for all the central Texas guys plus anybody else who wishes to join us in some good ole' Texas Bar-B-Que and LONE STAR beer.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Markstang1969
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bought a house, and a space for my Mustangs.

That's fantastic, Glen! Glad you found a place. I like the large covered porch and all the trees. Is that a pass-through window to the kitchen I see? Great for BBQs [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Is your garage gonna be as big as your previous one?
Old 07-20-2005, 09:45 PM
67CarolinaCoupe

congrats, I'm looking forward to retirement....... in 2040, hahahaha, long way to go.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Markstang1969

That's fantastic, Glen! Glad you found a place. I like the large covered porch and all the trees. Is that a pass-through window to the kitchen I see? Great for BBQs [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Is your garage gonna be as big as your previous one?
No,Mark, that is just a bay window in the great room where Ada can plant some herbs or something. I also like the big covered patio area where I will most likely spend most of my leisure time looking at the white tail deer that frequent the yard. The Bar-b-que pit will be built at the base of the fireplace so I can use the flue from it. There is an area in the back yard that has been cemented into a 12X12 area where I plan to put a conversation pit to burn wood and enjoy the outdoors with an open fire. No, the barn we built at the farm had a purpose of not only hosting my Mustangs while I was stationed overseas, but to also house my brother's 5er camper and all of our tools. I plan to build a pole barn which looks very much like a 4 car garage from the outside, but rather plain inside. It doesn't get too cold in that part of the world, so I don't need to worry about a tremendous amount of insulation. I will be checking on the building codes for the area, but they seem to be fairly lax.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Mattox1

Nice place Soaring...I am just down the road in Kyle, and Wimberley is a great little town.

The building codes are very lax, maybe non existent; heck Wimberley just recently became incorporated as a city the last few years.

I am new to the board, and currently rebuilding a 68 Fastback.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:18 AM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

Default Congratulations on a beautiful home!!!

Wow!!! that looks awesome. Congratulations. Now you're going to have to get a King Cobra (driver) and maybe a Ping or two (always good when yer talkin' golf!)

Well deserved Glen.

Scott
Old 07-21-2005, 09:45 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Congratulations on a beautiful home!!!

1/2 acre total! Nice!

Aren't you worried about stray golf ***** nailing the cars?
Old 07-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Cogtx
3rd Gear Member

Soaring...Way to Go!! and Congrats!! Looks like a great place to retire and work full time on Mustangs. I live a little piece down the road from you in Sugar Land so when you coordinate that Mustang get-together, let me know. Don't do it too soon, as the '67 stang that my son and I are working on is not exactly road worthy yet. Best of luck to you and Ada...
Old 07-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Jinxed67Stang
2nd Gear Member

congrats Glen,
It looks like a real nice place. I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice and I bet ol' yeller will be happy to have a new home as well. Nothing like the piece of mind knowing your car is safe.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:11 AM
1970 mach1
2nd Gear Member

It's a beautiful place Glen, I'm very happy for you and Ada. You deserve the good life from all your hard work. Good to have you back on line. We were getting worried about ya, now we can call off the search party.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14118/A83F51EC9D284E5D9522AF00BFFBAE65.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Bought a house, and a space for my Mustangs.