Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

How about this 73 Mach 1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 07:50 PM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

The sunroof in the Mustang is a major hit to value, I estimate at least a drop of $1200.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:32 PM
WarrenW
2nd Gear Member

I think I'm gonna pass on the mach 1 based on more of what I've been reading. If it was a 70 mach 1 then I would trade. Although someone on here said not to even trade for a coupe, I will if I can find one I like.

Anyone want to trade??

Warren
Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Fordication
2nd Gear Member

No, I did not say do not trade for a coupe. To me the 69-70 coupes are the best of the coupes. I said that the 65-68 are very common coupes and can be had for 5-8K in very good condition. I am being realistic. Not trying to start a fire here. However, never trade a very good asset such as that vette for an unknown metal car. Although there are many of them out there that have no rust and no repair, there are many more that do. In my opinion and I stress, my opinion, your vette should fetch top dollar for the right buyer whereas the photos of that particular mustang do not appear to show an equal value.

Here is a website you and other members here should use if you want to find a good deal on a used collector car. Of course there is ebay and Classic Car Trader so do not limit your search. Use this though as a global(US) search without chosing a state and you will find your car and you will find the price you are willing to deal for. Its my experience, unless you are one of these really really good body guys, try to find a car that runs, passed inspection and you can work on it while you drive it. I am still working on a 54 F100 I bought over 6 years ago and I have spent way way more than I would have had I bought one in good condition and used it as I restored it.

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cg...state=&ys=&ye=

This is a global craigslist for the entire country as well as ebay, and several other sources. You can even buy cars in Canada from it. Good luck man and you picked the best forum you could to get good advice from so do not forget to come back when you need help.
Ed
Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Fordication
2nd Gear Member

BTW, urban cowboy is a butthead. He has my car and he will not give it back. LOL
Old 04-11-2010, 12:36 AM
WarrenW
2nd Gear Member

I prefer the 69s as well. I've had a few offers of trades from craigslist but I'm not jumping until I find what I really want. The last offer which was an hour ago was good until he said the front seal on the transmission was damaged when he attached it to the engine.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:54 AM
palerider
4th Gear Member

Sunroof on a classic mustang is a big yuck!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:27 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

No way id trade that corvette with out some cash or 2nd car with the mustang.That corvette here would bring 8k easy more if small things was done.If it was a earlier sport roof or fastback i would trade of if that mustang was in better shape.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:10 PM
WarrenW
2nd Gear Member

I just drove 2 hours each way to look at a 68 coupe to trade and the guy really lied about the body. It was FULL of rust! I looked at it for 30 seconds and then drove 2 hours home.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:57 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

I'll trade the 71 for the Vette. Hell I will even put it back together and paint it. What color would you like? It was originally green, and I will have more in it than the $8k you could get for the Vette. What you could get out of the Mustang I dont know, but I could build it to suit, within reason. In other words I am not stuffing a $12,000 engine in it, but it would get all the good stuff I have and be quite nice inside and out, or you could finish it however you want after I do the hard stuff.

I have a healthy 2V Cleveland for it, its the original engine, it has a 3.50 geared 9" out back and an FMX trans. I could have it done mid summer to around August pretty easy.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:17 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Thumpin i would almost buy a corvette just to trade you lol.We all know your 71 isn't a rust bucket now.

Quick Reply: How about this 73 Mach 1?