Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

A man's garage is his castle... but not in Stockbridge, MA

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:47 PM
2xR

A rental home that has been in my family for a long time had a water well go on the fritz. A new well had to be drilled. A new well can't be drilled until the county environmental service is satisfied with all the details. It is a complicated process.

On the day of the drilling the neighbor came running out of his back door, raising forty hells because he just knew a new well was gonna' mess up his old well by tapping into his water. He ranted for a while, and, didn't seem as though he was going to slow down. Finally the guy that owns the drilling company invited him to sit in his truck while it was explained the water wasn't his. He finally calmed down, but, his reaction was classic. Logic dictated my well had to be drilled, and, that no more water was going to be pumped than had previously been pumped, but, the emotions of the moment got the better of him, and, if could have arranged it, no drilling would have occurred.

People are strange. I'm a Southern trucker who has to go to central Mass on a regular basis. Those people are strange in a special way.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:33 AM
rpm_carter
1st Gear Member

So what if he's doing business"???
All I got to say is he is one rich **** to live in that community first and then build "just a mancave" that is to die for. I do okay, and I cant afford even the building much less the decor he has in that thing. I guess his buddies just make donations when they come by to "hang out". Maybe all my Jag owner friends can stop by and hang out at my house???? Oh wait....dang they take their cars to repair centers for work, they don't hang out and work on them and do their own work. dang dang dang

Now then, I'm into my cars and the hobby. However I DO respect the community I live in and that was a choice I had to make by choosing the community. They also accepted me *(without) knowledge of my hobby. In fact I have a friend that owns 3 classics, lives 3 streets over. He is a highly paid professional.... went to the best colleges.... came from a weathly family. HIS HOUSE LOOKS LIKE CRAP with his "hobby". IT REDUCED the look of the neighborhood and for the record .... he doesnt own junk. He's mentioned to me, the neighbor complaints ....I've delicately agreed and offered to store his cars at "MY STORAGE" which is what you do when you live in a community that you respect.

Sincerely
Mr. Jealous
Old 10-16-2010, 11:22 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

By all accounts this guy's place looks great, it is not an eyesore, but still the busy bodies that live around him didn't like the idea of his LEGALLY BUILT garage from the start, and now they are still ****ing with him like it is some kind of private war or something.

Zoning laws are needed, no one likes to live next to a junk yard, I get that, but at the same time a person should be able to enjoy their hobbies when conducted with a REASONABLE respect for the people who live around the neighborhood.

I moved to Arkansas several months back, there is a "car guy" across the street from the side of my house, (our driveways face one another), both of our houses back up to a "gated community" of about a dozen houses.

My neighbor (about 60) likes to work on his cars and his son's cars in his garage and driveway on weekends and some afternoons, when he is done, there is no evidence of what he has been doing except for his roadworthy cars parked on his lot.

One of the "gated community people" liked to constantly give him a hard time, sending letters, calling codes etc, but he doesn't anymore, he died.

Instead of being pissed off and acting like an ***, he would have been better off going camping, going hunting, etc, folks would have had more "happy memories" of him...

Moral of the story,,, people who mind their own business are happier, and they may be less subject to sudden death....

Think about it.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:55 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

You know.....I have my car buddies come over and hang out from time to time too :halo: maybe they are worried I live next door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvgTeGOBSo
Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 AM
photocliff
2nd Gear Member

I have heard that some people living in some of those north-east U.S. communities are a little sensitive.
I do understand the need for regulations and codes in our coummunities. They are made to protect us from my allowing someone near me from building an oil refinery or someting else that may put my family in harm. One big regulation that I enjoy having is a rule of how many dogs one can have on their property. I live in the desert where you only need to look out your window to see the home next door. I love dogs, I have two, well had two. One died two days ago. But if there were no rules many people around us would have more than their yard can handle.
I believe this community council has conceived some kind of pact and there is only one member that has stepped up and voted his/her personal mind.

The link below takes you to the top MA state Heads email contact information. If everyone uses it to voice our minds it could help this guy out in some way. I haven't written anything yet but it's only a matter of time after I get my thought together.

Get A Rope!

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3util...ov3_contact_us
Old 10-17-2010, 12:11 PM
rpm_carter
1st Gear Member

DodgeStang..... by evidence of the video if you were my neighbor... I'd hate you. Because the cool garage and Mustangs better than mine.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

http://lakenenland.com/gallery.html
http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...aspx?id=422594

This guy has a lot down the road from me, he is a recovering alcoholic that makes metal sculptures and displays them in his lot. He has no neighbors within a mile of him, and its on the highway. The Chocolay Mi township board had a vendetta against the man. They made him move his sign 3 times, they called all his artwork signs and imposed a limit on them, and changed the rules and ordinances to outlaw his little family oriented park. He was harassed incessantly for three years, and it went to one of the higher state courts. He only built this park because they wouldnt allow him to have his art in his yard. The bandshell thing was just the latest grief they gave him, it had been going on for years.

Now he has state installed park signs and every member of the Chocolay board is permanently banned from entering his property. He has the state behind him now, and he often has free live music can campfires for families in the area. The board just got a wild hare wedged in their panties and went about trying to get rid of him. The state was unthrilled to say the least.

I live in the next township, and the board members struck down the blight ordinance these haughty Chicago/Indy seasonal residents wanted to implement. They come up here from their gated communities and expect to impose their rules on us. They complain about our stacks of firewood, or anything else they dont like. Thanksfully the board is as fed up with them as the rest of the people here. Mind you, they complain about my cars and firewood even though I am 8 miles down the road from them. Seriously, get a freakin life, mind your own business, and leave us alone.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Gun Jam

You guys remember Marvin Heemeyer right? And his kill dozer? That dude is kind of like my hero..Sure maybe he wasn't dealing with a full deck but man did he sure f over the people he thought had done him wrong. I think what I like about him is he did what we have all wanted to do but we went pissed off enough to trade our lives for the "justice" we sought.

This guy took a Komatsu D355A and built an armored shell for it made from steel and cement layers it was over a foot think in places. It was piloted by video monitor inside the bulldozer. The cameras were protected by 3" think bullet proof domes and the domes could be cleaned on the fly with compressed air jets. There was no hatch access the armor shell was lowered by crane at the start of his adventure. The armor shell was oil coated to prevent people from climbing on and the cabin was nearly air tight for chemical weapon resistance.

It had several weapons mounted on it including an M82 anti armor .50 cal

This guy made a list of all the people that had dun him wrong and destroyed all of their property all the way up to city hall in a rampage that lasted 3 hours and resulted in the destruction of 13 building. No one could stop his kill dozer however during the assault on the final build the cooling system ruptured he finished destroying the building and shot himself.

He never attempted to kill anyone and no one was harmed he just wanted to destroy their assets as he felt they had done to him. I think that whole thing was totally badass even if it was misdirected energy.

Reading these stories reminds me of this guy...

Last edited by Gun Jam; 10-17-2010 at 10:55 PM.