Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

What red color goes best with a black interior?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 11:07 PM
rst08tierney
3rd Gear Member

orange is the only way to go with a black interior

(im bias though)
Old 07-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Yeah candy apple red is not a candy color it gets it name from candy apples you know the red ones on a stick lol.Another option is crimson red hyundai and i think gm used too looks like this http://autosofasia.com/car/37282629.html Also look at http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/ they have cheap paint its a local place to me but i think they ship anywhere.
Thanks...I'll look into that color too.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rst08tierney

(im bias though)
What kinda orange is your ride?

It's nicer than Poppy Red...looks dark orange...I kinda dig it.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:03 AM
AscolA
2nd Gear Member

"Is he nuts...or does he have a point?"

He's nuts. A black interior goes well with both dark or light paint colors. Black on black looks sweet (can't get much darker than that), and white on black looks good too.

If you had a red or blue interior, that would limit your exterior color selection. But with a black interior, any exterior color will work.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AscolA
"Is he nuts...or does he have a point?"

He's nuts. A black interior goes well with both dark or light paint colors. Black on black looks sweet (can't get much darker than that), and white on black looks good too.

If you had a red or blue interior, that would limit your exterior color selection. But with a black interior, any exterior color will work.
When I posted this thread...I basically wanted reassurance from you guys...because the second that paint clerk said that...I said to me myself..."what a moron..."...lol.

Yes...having a black interior gives you many options.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rst08tierney

(im bias though)
I was just watching Mecum auto auctions on TV...and there was a Chevy Nova painted Viper Orange...it looked awesome.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:37 PM
ozarks06
2nd Gear Member

I have Redfire Metallic with black interior. I think it looks great and it gets comments all the time. (Someone's always telling me they had one just like it back in the day - Candy Apple Red. I don't have the heart to tell them this color wasn't offered in 65, and neither was Candy Apple Red, and they certainly didn't have a car just like this one!)

I bought Nason paint, DuPont's body-shop line. It's cheaper but has held up great (going on 3 years, over 14K miles, been waxed once - laziness). I have a friend who is probably the best painter around here (at least the most meticulous!) and he uses Nason at his shop and says it holds up great. I think my paint was about $100 a gallon at O'Reilly's (3 gal paint, 3 gal clear, hardeners, reducers, sealer, etc., was about $900).
Old 07-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ozarks06
I have Redfire Metallic with black interior. I think it looks great and it gets comments all the time. (Someone's always telling me they had one just like it back in the day - Candy Apple Red. I don't have the heart to tell them this color wasn't offered in 65, and neither was Candy Apple Red, and they certainly didn't have a car just like this one!)

I bought Nason paint, DuPont's body-shop line. It's cheaper but has held up great (going on 3 years, over 14K miles, been waxed once - laziness). I have a friend who is probably the best painter around here (at least the most meticulous!) and he uses Nason at his shop and says it holds up great. I think my paint was about $100 a gallon at O'Reilly's (3 gal paint, 3 gal clear, hardeners, reducers, sealer, etc., was about $900).
Would love to see a picture of your ride...your avatar is too small.

***drooling here***
Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 PM
ozarks06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Galactusz
Would love to see a picture of your ride...your avatar is too small.

***drooling here***
Click the link in the signature 'Plain Jane'.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Man...it looks amazing...and your ride super rocks!!!

I think that's the one my friend...thanks a million...yeah...

Quick Reply: What red color goes best with a black interior?