Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Bad Customer service at restorationpartssource.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 AM
dmaclaren
2nd Gear Member

Default Bad Customer service at restorationpartssource.com

Has anyone ordered from here? I have done most of my shopping/ordering from CJ but this one piece was about $10 cheaper and I ordered it from http://restorationpartssource.com on the 8th.

I received, in the mail, an invoice for the purchase and it stated paid. I called twice last week checking in on status of delivery and have not received one call back.

What I find odd is that with today's technology, after hours calls just ring and ring and ring without the ability to leave a message. I am beginning to think this is a very small operation or that I have been taken.

Anyone have any experience with this place?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:03 AM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Never heard of them
Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Gun Jam

neither have I
Old 03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
TheGloriousNosebleed

Seems like this person has good reviews

http://myworld.ebay.com/rpsparts1/
Old 03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Dub's
1st Gear Member

Laterestortations for the wheel.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:41 PM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Well honestly if CJ has been doing really well for you why not stick with them? especially over $10.
I own my own business and I hate when customers that I have had for a while and work my *** off to please and make happy go somewhere else to save a couple bucks. Then they bitch when they get ****ty service.

See it seems as though you want everything. Good service and good products products cost money! This is the reason every store is full of Chinese crap. You and most other chumps out there only care about price!

Seems to me like you are experiencing a little bit of CARMA. Its a bitch hugh?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Gun Jam

Easy killer...

Iv'e read my fair share of **** CJ Pony threads. Nothing is perfect stuff happens even with good companies and they **** off a few customers every now and then.

is restoration parts whatever a crappy company maybe maybe not. Either way there is really no need to vent your frustrations towards "un-loyal" customers at the OP. Chances are its the same crappy Chinese knock off for 10 bucks less but we dont really know that. While I would totally disagree with saving 10 bucks and going with the POS import part vs the USA part that is my opinion and I would reserve it in most cases same goes for any negative feelings I would have about the buyer of the Chinese part...sure there are exceptions but an example like this isn't one of them.

-Gun
Old 03-19-2012, 03:19 PM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

GUN, how did you know nickname?

Not that pissed nor indicating where his preticular parts originated. Im Just sayin!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Gun Jam

I deal with several companies with non related mustang parts (PC parts in this case) I buy from one company sometimes and from a 2nd other times. I get the same exact pile of parts but by switching between sources I can save 100s of dollars and or days of time depending on what I need done...

Both are reputable companies and if one of them drops the ball is it carma for not going with the other company....No its just a **** up they happen. By not being a 100% loyal to one vender or company does this make me an *******...No it makes me save a few 100 dollars.

If I usually buy from one of the two then go to a 3rd company that bones me and then I bitch to the other 2 companies about not having as good as prices as company 3 after 3 bones me does this make me an *******....yes. But thats not what is going on here. He is simply trying to determine if he got boned. If yes then he'll probably fly the **** RPR.com flag and probably go back to CJ...Thats just how it goes down in the hood 99% of consumers purchase stuff from multiple sources.

Has anyone on this forum who has restored a mustang even partly and bought everything from ONE place...hell no

Last edited by Gun Jam; 03-19-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

I find it funny that poeple think when you call a company, the people are just stiting around waiting to take calls. I have worked at a few places that deal with mail order or what ever it is and the incoming calls are not the only thing that needs to be done.Theres also emails and sometimes things get backed up.

Where i am now, i, myself, took over 11,000 calls last year and did over 10,200 emails. That does not account for the other tech support guys. Accumatively we took over 70,000 calls and over 60K emails. People get mad if they dont get a email response that day, but like us we get over 350 emails a week on stupid questions that could be answered by reading instructions or looking at the site, so that takes away from actual questions that NEED to be answered.

I dont know how that company is ran, but everybody's first action is to blast them on the the internet.There could be staffing issues or whatever.But there has to be another way.

Quick Reply: Bad Customer service at restorationpartssource.com