Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.
View Poll Results: A poll
backed into or onto something(cat perhaps?)
30.00%
dropped a tool on the fender
30.00%
backed a car into your car
10.00%
someone did that for you?
10.00%
painting overspray onto paintjob
10.00%
left parts out that should have been put away and fell onto your car..
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

stupidest damage to your car

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 08:10 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

Default stupidest damage to your car

if you feel like me and read my last post.....
Old 10-19-2005, 08:21 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Default RE: stupidest damage to your car

I was at a stop at a intersection in a Wal-Mart parking lot the other day, and some oblivous old lady backed out of her handicapt parking spot and right into the back end of my car. It rocked the whole car, and scared the crap out of me, but no damage had been done.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:24 AM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: superdavid

I was at a stop at a intersection in a Wal-Mart parking lot the other day, and some oblivous old lady backed out of her handicapt parking spot and right into the back end of my car. It rocked the whole car, and scared the crap out of me, but no damage had been done.
awww. man I'm glad you or your car arent hurt. were u in your stang?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:54 AM
garywwelch
1st Gear Member

STUPID Me. Only a couple days after I get my 66 home. I am trying to rearrange the shop (30X40) and was moving my Harley to another spot of the shop. I look back to make sure I am clear so I do not back the bike into anything and the engine guard foot peds scrap the crap out of the drivers rear quarter. Can't blame the harley - I was driving it. Can't blame the 66 Fastback - I parked it there, Can't blame it on the dog - they didn't laugh. So I gues that damn shop is haunted.
Gary
66 Fastback
Old 10-20-2005, 02:30 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Opened door and backed up. Where in the hell did that tree come from-SH#T!

Was working on brakes. Lost brakes and pulled into parking spot (where I was working on car) too fast. Who put that DAMN block wall in front of that parking stall- SH*T!

I have learned a lot since I was 17.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Silver Ponys
2nd Gear Member

Back in the early 80s I had just installed a new motor and trans in my car. I took it for a test drive and decided it idled too fast pulled into my garage and got out to adjust it after adjusting it i flipped the throttle to see if it would idle back down, heard a clunk as the trans shifted into reverse(guess i didnt have the new shifter quite right) and watched as it backed out of the garage. The driver door which i had left open took out the center post of the garage doors both doors crashed to the ground and the car continued across the street over my mailbox and came to rest in my neighbors front yard. As i stood there dumbfounded my soon to be exwife pulled up and things continued downhill. Setting the emergency brake would have been a lot cheaper
Old 10-21-2005, 08:14 PM
KBunny
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silver Ponys

Back in the early 80s I had just installed a new motor and trans in my car. I took it for a test drive and decided it idled too fast pulled into my garage and got out to adjust it after adjusting it i flipped the throttle to see if it would idle back down, heard a clunk as the trans shifted into reverse(guess i didnt have the new shifter quite right) and watched as it backed out of the garage. The driver door which i had left open took out the center post of the garage doors both doors crashed to the ground and the car continued across the street over my mailbox and came to rest in my neighbors front yard. As i stood there dumbfounded my soon to be exwife pulled up and things continued downhill. Setting the emergency brake would have been a lot cheaper
You got to at least keep the stang through the devorce right?...
Old 10-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Silver Ponys
2nd Gear Member

Yes although i sold it later. New wife has much better attitude. Shares my passion for stangs and our stable now has three.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:54 PM
kickn67

I was 17 and just put new motor and trans in my 67 coupe. Got motor running, sounded great , got excited. removed large brick I had used to chock the rear tires and chucked over the fence into the backyard. Didn't realize Untill I heard the sound of said brick landing on my hood. You know the one with the turn signals in it.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:35 AM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

I have a good one. I was backing my dads 67 convertible back into the driveway. Actually i was trying to get it out, but it's a 4 speed and the clutch was worn out pretty badly. Well, i kept having to back in the the garage. and peel out trying to get out of the driveway. It was really steep. WELL, when i was backing back in, the car went and scraped along the side of my chevy 350 on the engine stand. The engine feel over, dented the crap of the quarter just behind the door, and put a big long crease in the quarter. Plus knocking over my brand new 350 crate engine.[:@] Since then, i got most of the body back right, and The 350 is still on the stand, so i dont know if i did any damage to it yet.

Quick Reply: stupidest damage to your car