Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

screw the shelby i like this one better!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:19 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

Default screw the shelby i like this one better!!!

omfg!!! this gta convertable is perfect!!! i had to take notes of paint dabs, that i didnt even have! its perfect, the only, and i mean only thing wrong is the battery......i havent seen a GTA this nicely restored since..... mine i guess! guys i hope...no no i know you will agree with me on this one. and its also 35000 dollars cheaper. i think ill get rid of both the GTA's and buy this
by the way, look at those dealer tie downs, natural like my buddy said!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-25-2005, 01:32 PM
DR8907
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: screw the shelby i like this one better!!!

Thats a nice looking car - $43,000 - I wish I had money. You going to buy?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:44 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

no it already sold, but man i would if i could, i mean i love my car and i just say i would sell it, but if push came to shove that first GTA will never go down the road--sniff-- mutual love for one another
Old 10-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Take a look at the pumpkin. It's slinging oil out the front near the yoke, he didn't cover up the overspray with more red oxide, and it has a single muffler. Nah, at that price I would pass then go down to the Ford house and buy a new 06 Cobra.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:04 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

yeah, screw it i have to many gta's as it is, maybe i should get rid of the ole jeep and go get me a new 06? that jeep probably gets the same gas milage as a new 06 anyhow. i like new mustangs, i miss my 89 gt, that was a fun car....--sniff-- memories, I should have bought that yellow mach 1 when i had the chance!!![:@]
Old 10-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I have had a hellava lot of fun with my 03 Mach1. I've done some mild modding to it such as a Steeda Tri-X short throw shifter, a beefed up clutch and had the tranny recalled by Ford to beef up the syncronizers. It goes as fast as this old man likes to drive.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:27 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

i dont think its a good idea to go 25 in the fast lane
Old 10-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: gta289

i dont think its a good idea to go 25 in the fast lane
I ain't THAT old. Yeah, nothing pisses me off more than to get behind a slow driver, especially on the freeway when I'm boxed in. Whenever I enter a freeway, I put the hammer down in the first three gears so am up to over the speed limit when I finally hit the main blacktop. My passing gear is 4th instead of 3rd (5 speed 4650 Tremec) and I am at 5K before you can say Jack.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:06 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

i drove a screaming yellow mach 1 in steamboat, i traded cars for a run with another guy, and ill tell you what, that damn mach scared the hell out of me. It stayed planted to the road the whole time, little bit of understeer, but the back didnt get away from me once. I think i left it in 2nd and was doing about 60 lol!! yeah i have had a chance to buy one, but turned it down because it had too many miles but what can you do, i am interested in buying one though, i figure im making the money at my new job, if i cant hold on to the money, spend it!!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Yep, the traction is unbelievable. I barely squawk when I hit it in 1st. Nothing but launch, and bye bye. I am out of first almost before I can get my foot back on the clutch. I don't do it very often though. With the 350 gears, I usually take off in 2nd. But, when I need the power, that 32 valver is right there. With a top speed of 129, and only 14.7 in the 1/4, the old technology of the GT 500 doesn't impress me. The GT 500 K is even worse. Yeah, they are a collector's dream, but I ain't a collector. I drive the crap out of both my cars. IMO, that is what a car is for. I paid less than 30K for my new Mach, and I guarantee it is much more of a Mustang than the GT 500. Of course, it is only worth about 20K today, so the GT 500 is definitely an investment, and not a car that can be driven. I don't show them either. However, I do enjoy going to shows and see what other guys have done to their rides. I guess I am just too practical in my thinking.

Quick Reply: screw the shelby i like this one better!!!