Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Rear Brake Setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 10:49 PM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Default Rear Brake Setup questions

Fellow members,

I have started a new project on my 67 coupe. I am installing a full Hotchkis TVS-2 suspension kit. In the process of starting at the rear end of the vehicle I determined that my rear axle assembly is in need of a refresh, i.e. sanding painting and the brake lines have seen better days. So, I want to fit everything while I am in the area anyway.

A few questions:

1. Does anyone sell the brass distribution block as pictured (circled in red)? I am open to a suitable substitute. (after looking online I found some good solutions!)

2. Where can I purchase a replacement flex hose (as boxed in green)?

3. For the rear axle hard brake lines, should a buy pre-made brake lines or go with some custom cut/NiCOPP? I have all the tools but I am worried I wont find stock lines to fit exactly to this setup. I doesn’t look original.

Tha ks in advance for you input

Last edited by PotteryPal; 11-28-2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Update with correction.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:08 AM
Stepman
4th Gear Member

Classic tube should have the hard lines. Not sure about the rest.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:06 AM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

After more research I have found the distribution block and stainless flex line that fit my car.

Additionally, I pulled the entire axle assy. Then I will be sending it out for powder coating along with several other items. So in preparation for powder coating I have decided to weld on a couple of bracket to holld the adapters for the hard to flex brake lines. I also have decided to make custom brake lines for the rear end.