Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

i feel bad but now i can sleep!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 01:04 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

Default i feel bad but now i can sleep!!!

so this lady across the street from me just bought a 73 coupe, s#@t brown with s@#t brown interior. she bought it from a kid who put glass packs on the damn thing, and every morning at 7:00 am she insists on sitting out there and rewving the hell out of the engine. For people that have to wake up and go to work at 3:00 and listen to loud airplanes all day, on my days off i really dont want to hear that crap in the morning. I asked her several times to stop, but she doesnt care. I took my GTA out the other night at 9:00 pm and let er rip!!! she came out and asked me to knock it off becuase she was trying to sleep!!!!!! WTF man? so the next day she decides to do it again. HEHEHEHE well when she went off to bed last night i casually walked across the street, and sort of, ummmm unpluged the ahhhhh coil, sooo she ahhhhh couldnt start it ahhhhh again.. LMAO she must of been out there for 2 hours this morning trying to get it started. She than comes over to my house, knocks on the door, and askes ever so nicely, hey joe, i know you know mustangs real well but, i cant get mine sarted, do you know whats wrong? I tried so hard not to laugh and replied, "well reving it probably blew the motor, you might be SOL. She looked sad...real sad......and said " oh ok thanks" Boy i feel just "horrible" and want to help her but i also want to get some sleep.... ahhhh the joys of neighbors. My G/F thinks im an a-hole but you know what comes around goes around
Old 10-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: i feel bad but now i can sleep!!!

Now, get your dumb butt back over there and get her going. Explain to her nicely that you work odd hours and need to be sleeping at the time she wants to rev her engine. Maybe even suggest that if she wants to do it at that time, maybe take it around the block. This old man is going to get on you a tad here. That is not a real mature thing to do. If, after another conversation with her she does it again, call the cops. Noise pollution is illegal in most cities.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:33 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

thanks glen,
i knew you would be the first to respond, and i did check the noise restrictions in my city, and it starts at u guessed it 7:00. I did tell her about my work schedual, and she told me that the car isnt that loud and need to get a life. Trust me when i say this Glen, she not a very pleseant person. I know it was immature, but i was at my wits end! I will go help her get her car going, but im sorry, i like to sleep past 7:00 and if she doesnt care after i fix her problem, than im up a creek once again...
Old 10-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Surely, the other neighbors are just as put out about it as you are. If after one more conversation with her, try to get the other neighbors to file a complaint with the cops just as you will. But, as you well know, taking revenge is not the thing to do. Neither is tampering with someone else's property. That will get your butt in trouble, and she will get the last laugh.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:12 PM
1965MustangFastback
2nd Gear Member

Man, That was great, I can't stop laughing. I think I pissed my pants!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:25 PM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. OMIGOD. THats evil........... Exactly something i would do. I hate evil old people(sorry Glen, but your not evil. ) SHe deserved it, but yeah, it was kinda mean, I would have went over there fixed it, then asked for some money.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:39 PM
pak133
1st Gear Member

You did a bad thing and it's awesome!!!! I'm proud!!!

Old 10-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Fastback Guy
2nd Gear Member

I feel your pain. It seems at times that NO one else understands how eratic a sleeping pattern can be for someone with an odd work schedule. No one ever figures out my schedule. They've stopped trying now and just start every conversation with, "If I woke up up I'm sorry but. . . . . " Oh well, until you work one, you'll never get it I guess!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:06 AM
garywwelch
1st Gear Member

OK, Soring it right not the mature thing to do. Bad Boy!!!! BUt I have to say I have not laughed this hard in years. You have painted a picture in my mind that I can not get out. You may be able to mend fences by fixing it and makeing friends. If that doesn't work, then it fair game. Stuff a bananna up her....Tail Pipe.

Kidding

Gary
66 Fastback
Old 10-29-2005, 02:28 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Very brilliant! I will send you two potatos if she continues

Quick Reply: i feel bad but now i can sleep!!!