Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Where to Buy Autolite 1100

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 01:23 PM
magiusavvail
1st Gear Member

Default Where to Buy Autolite 1100

I'm trying to replace the Autolite 1100 on my '66, but I can't seem to find a place that has them in stock or is taking new purchase requests.
John's Mustang (local) is out of stock, Pony Carbs/Champion Carburetor doesn't seem to be taking new sales, Marine Carburetor Center looks like an option but doesn't explicitly say if it has the SCV and I'm waiting on a response back from them, and I've scoped out a few others places that I can't quite remember at the moment.

I've also looked into the Holly 1940 as a possible alternative, but I can't seem to find that one sold anywhere, either.

What are some reputable shops that you all use for carb rebuilds/replacements?
Not sure what shops or rebuild brands are trustworthy.
I'd like to avoid eBay, if possible. It would be a bonus if the carbs are preset already.

Car details:
'66 Mustang Coupe, 200ci, automatic, LOM distributor
Old 06-28-2023, 09:53 AM
Mostang66
1st Gear Member

It stinks members with valuable knowledge don't respond to great questions like this. I have a one-word suggestion for you. Sniper. But, if that is not your thing, then I see that Rock Auto has two brands. They both require a core. As you know, I'm sure, all these company's reviews reveal that people either love them or hate them. It would seem the carburetors either work really well right out of the box or never work at all.
Old 06-29-2023, 08:06 PM
magiusavvail
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mostang66
It stinks members with valuable knowledge don't respond to great questions like this. I have a one-word suggestion for you. Sniper. But, if that is not your thing, then I see that Rock Auto has two brands. They both require a core. As you know, I'm sure, all these company's reviews reveal that people either love them or hate them. It would seem the carburetors either work really well right out of the box or never work at all.
It seems to be a tough question to answer these days. I'm finding it difficult to find a local shop that sells them, outside of O'Reilly's or Advanced Auto Parts. Might have to go with one of those and try my luck.
I feel like it wasn't that long ago that I could throw a rock and hit one just about anywhere nearby.

Are you talking about the Holly Sniper EFI kit?
I've looked at that and it sounds like it would be perfect, but then I saw the price.
I also want to keep the old girl as stock as possible.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:33 AM
jack450

Originally Posted by magiusavvail
It seems to be a tough question to answer these days. I'm finding it difficult to find a local shop that sells them, outside of O'Reilly's or Advanced Auto Parts. Might have to go with one of those and try my luck.
I feel like it wasn't that long ago that I could throw a rock and hit one just about anywhere nearby.

Are you talking about the Holly Sniper EFI kit?
I've looked at that and it sounds like it would be perfect, but then I saw the price.
I also want to keep the old girl as stock as possible.
I have a Holley sniper 1100, the carb is not worth the trouble. EFI was expensive and I had to get an in-tank pump but it was way better than dealing with that ****ty *** 1100. It was leaky, constant adjusting and inconsistent. My dad has worked with carbs for years and even he noticed the extra maintenance to keeping the 1100 running.