Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superior Styling Roll bars???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:47 AM
randyg
1st Gear Member

Default Superior Styling Roll bars???

I saw this seller on ebay and checked out their website. The price seems to be about $100 cheaper than others, does anyone know anything about this company? I don't want to buy it, only to find out it's going to take some modification to fit right. Info please!

http://superiorstylingbars.com/
Old 01-23-2007, 10:31 PM
MollyMustang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Superior Styling Roll bars???

I don't want to make any style bar owners mad, but i would not buy it if it only cost one dollar. If a roll over accidentshould happen to occur, the bar can act like a mouse trap, and off with your head. Get a real rollbar, but even then you need a helmet if you don't want to crack your skull in a fender bender.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:00 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

you know of any websites with real rollbars?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:30 AM
MollyMustang
1st Gear Member

Steeda has them fit for our cars, and there also alot of other websites that have them. Jegs, Summit racing, ebay, etc.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:32 AM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

SSkiller has a nice one in his vert. I would ask him where he got his and the like
Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Well, I suppose the Mustang must have passed the rollover crash testing OK otherwise the government wouldn't allow Ford to sell them.. Having said that I would NOT want to be a backseat passenger in the event of a rollover lol but screw them anyway as I'll be in the front seat

Ironically though, those styling bars make the backseat area even more useless than it already is. Getting in/out with the bar in place is a massive PITA. I don't think I wanna pay money for a product that makes my care more useless just because it look cool
Old 01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

when was the last time you saw a mustang upside down? if your worried about the roll over, head squish then buy a buick
ORIGINAL: MollyMustang

I don't want to make any style bar owners mad, but i would not buy it if it only cost one dollar. If a roll over accidentshould happen to occur, the bar can act like a mouse trap, and off with your head. Get a real rollbar, but even then you need a helmet if you don't want to crack your skull in a fender bender.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:06 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

No good roll bars are out there that I could find, so I fabbed one up that passes tech review. Even though I made it removable when not in use, welding on your new car is not for the faint of heart. LOL!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:39 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Nice looking bar Cayuse! If you could make one like that for a New Edge like mine I would really consider it, especially if like you say it's removable. How? Does it unbolt, I don't see any bolts?

Autocrossing might accept a 4 point bar, but I doubt the dragstrips would, eh?

Old 01-25-2007, 12:40 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

The front arms have 8" long "stingers" that slide downinto brackets welded to the "B" pillar. The rear arms have plate steel feet that have holes drilled in them to receive bolt studs welded through a plate that is welded to the unibody floor (There is no way to bolt through a plate from underneath because there is too much hollow reinforcing). When it's not in use I can even slide the CDC Light bar back in that I used as a pattern for show. Most of the tech inspectors that have reviewed it think it's pretty cool. I plan on keeping the shiney side up so I hope I won't have to try it out. LOL!

Quick Reply: Superior Styling Roll bars???