Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear side window glass problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Wuffey

Default Rear side window glass problem.

I'm new to posting here but have enjoyed reading for a while. I have a 2003 GT convertible. It's a great car.

However, the rear side window on the driver's side comes loose from the frame. The glass has three holes in it and I can a see the bolts that attach. I have to hold it in place and raise the frame all the way up and it will stay on place. I wasted money with one mechanic who "fixed" it a couple of months ago but it has come loose again. It looks like he tried to glue it to the frame.

Anyone else have this problem and have a suggestion. It looks like I have to remove the back seat to get the plastic interior wall removed to get to the frame/motor. How do you do that? How does this window attach to the frame? I can see the bolts, maybe a couple of large washers? It looks like the holes int he window are larger than the bolts. It doesn't look like the glass is broken.

Any help would be appreciated, It's a pain in the butt putting the window in the trunk when i have the top down.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Wuffey

Default RE: Rear side window glass problem.

BTTT - still have not figured this one out. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can't even find parts for the power window system. Next step is a dealership and a bill I don't really want to pay.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:16 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Post up some pics, maybe I could tell what you have. I know we have two different models, but on mine, you can get the window and the motor out without having to remove anything from the back seat. Sorry, just trying to help.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wuffey

BTTT - still have not figured this one out. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can't even find parts for the power window system. Next step is a dealership and a bill I don't really want to pay.
To get the rear seat out is easy.
It is held in by 2 spring loaded tabs, one on each side and under the seat cushion.

Go to the very edge of the seat and slide a long thin screwdriver under the seat cushion between the floor and the cushion.
Do this carefully so you don't rip anything.
Now slide the screwdriver toward the middle of the seat.
Within 1 foot or so of the edge of the car, you will hit something with the screwdriver.
This is the latch.
Slowly, slide the screwdriver out as you are moving it toward the middle of the seat and when it starts to move again you should be right on the button.
Push the screwdriver in while pulling up on the seat cushion and that side will come loose.
Do the same for the other side and then just pull the seat cushion out.

This is difficult to describe, but will become clear when you try it.

As for the glass, I can't help you there as my 2003 doesn't have that problem.

Any ??? PM me...

Steve
Old 04-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Wuffey

Thanks so much. I'll work on getting the seat out this weekend and taking some pictures to post. I gotta believe once I get in there, I can figure out what I need to reattach the window.

Thanks again for the suggestions and I'll update next week.