Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vert Motion Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Default Vert Motion Sensors?

I'm pretty certain I have the active anti-theft system on my '05 vert, but does this work when armed with the top down? I can't seem to get the alarm to go off after I arm it and then reach into the car after 30 seconds.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Vert Motion Sensors?

nevermind, guys... found this thread. Looks like we are SOL.
https://mustangforums.com/m_1535595/tm.htm

Old 09-09-2007, 03:39 PM
jts
2nd Gear Member

Ya..we'd pretty much have the alarm going of anytime someone
looked in the car .
Old 09-10-2007, 08:53 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Larmo

I'm pretty certain I have the active anti-theft system on my '05 vert, but does this work when armed with the top down? I can't seem to get the alarm to go off after I arm it and then reach into the car after 30 seconds.

Interesting.
Is this system the stock PATS system on steroids or is it installed as an option by the Ford dealer?

As far as alarms on verts go I have come to the conclusion that alarms in general are useless.
People are going to look at your car.
Why?
Because vert Mustangs are super sexy that's why

As for theft, wire a kill switch somewhere unique, like using a factory dash switch for an option you don't have or something like that.
Don't leave ANYTHING in plain view in the car and consider a permanent mount for your radar detector/GPS that is semi hidden (mine is right up at the very top of the windshield) rather than using suction cups because the cretins look for the cup marks on the windshield and know that most people put the electronics in the console or under the seat.

Also consider a flashing led that does nothing but flash. This is in addition to the PATS Theft light.

If someone wants your car that badly they will pick it up and if the vandels want to mess with it they will just throw a big rock at it and run.

We vert owners have to take the good with the bad but as we all know the good is soooooooooooooooooooo good it's worth dealing with the bad [8D]

P.S. My biggest problem is neighborhood cats sleeping on my car.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Abom
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undecided.steve
Finally, someone else wo has this problem too !!!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:38 PM
jts
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undecided.steve

ORIGINAL: Larmo

Interesting.
Is this system the stock PATS system on steroids or is it installed as an option by the Ford dealer?

As far as alarms on verts go I have come to the conclusion that alarms in general are useless.
People are going to look at your car.
Why?
Because vert Mustangs are super sexy that's why

As for theft, wire a kill switch somewhere unique, like using a factory dash switch for an option you don't have or something like that.
Don't leave ANYTHING in plain view in the car and consider a permanent mount for your radar detector/GPS that is semi hidden (mine is right up at the very top of the windshield) rather than using suction cups because the cretins look for the cup marks on the windshield and know that most people put the electronics in the console or under the seat.

Also consider a flashing led that does nothing but flash. This is in addition to the PATS Theft light.

If someone wants your car that badly they will pick it up and if the vandels want to mess with it they will just throw a big rock at it and run.

We vert owners have to take the good with the bad but as we all know the good is soooooooooooooooooooo good it's worth dealing with the bad [8D]

It's the factory upgrade.
Yes it's all worth the great feeling of driving the 'vert !
All good advice, +1 on locking everything up !
[hr]