Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

passenger side dead when putting top up

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 PM
thomas_stang

Default passenger side dead when putting top up

So a few months ago while putting my top down i heard a loud pop as it got to the very bottom.I didnt think too much of it but knew it probably was a bad thing.Well sure enough when I went to put the top back up the drivers side goes up fine but the passenger side of the top is just laying there.
Ive been still putting the top down but have to "help" the passenger side up the first quarter of the way.The rest of the way up its fine.It also still goes down with no problems.I plan on taking some things apart and checking it out but want some advise on what im getting myself into because ive never worked on a convertible top.

Is there support springs or something that help the top go up the first little bit of the way? If so maybe one came off or something?Any info i could get before tackling this project would be great. Thanks guys.