Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side window problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:39 AM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

Default Driver side window problem

Hi everyone!!

I'm having lots of problems with my driver side window. Well I guess I should start from the beginning of my great story.. I hope I don't lose any one.

When I bought my used mustang from the dealership the window wasn't sealing right and kept catching the convertible top. They said it was because the little plastic piece that is attached to the window that holds it on the track broke. So, they replaced the whole driver side window with the new plastic piece attached to the window. Then I had to get my window re tinted to match my other tint. Ok window was fine for a year or so. Then the window broke again. It came off the tracking and wouldn't go up right and scratched the tint. The dealership looked at it. They said that the plastic piece broke off the window. Do you want to replace the whole window again which means it would be out of my pocket this time or just re glue it. I said re glue and then I fixed my tint again. Now, this week I took my mustang in for a new stupid filler neck because I was leak gas. I picked up my car and they had all my windows down. As I was driving off I was putting my windows up my drive side window was broken once again. I turned my car around and took it back and told them that the window wasn't broken/going up right like this when I dropped it off. They said oh ok we will take care of it. It’s on us. Here is a rental and you can pick it up tomorrow. I'm like ok thank you. I come and pick it up the next day. They took me back to where the car was to show me the problem. They said that he window assembly was completely dry with no grease and the arms that lifted the window was metal rubbing against metal and broke a part. They fixed the part and re greased the arms ohh and they scratch my tint again. They told me to take to where they get tint work done it’s on us. I'm like thanks. I got in my car with once again with the window down. Started to pulling out on to the street and put the window. The window was a little jumpy like it was catching on something and closed but I looked over on the left side of the window and it wasn't sealed against the rubber. I was pissed. I tested it more at home up and down with the window and it wasn't right at all going up and down. Last try the window caught on the rubber molding and heard something snap inside with door. Called them right away and they said it was working fine. But then they told me to bring it in on Monday morning.

Sorry about the long story but I'm pissed off!!!!

I'm about to just get everything replaced inside the door and get a new window.

Is anybody else having any problems with their window??
Old 06-14-2009, 09:21 AM
bigtom
2nd Gear Member

have you gotten this resolved yet? mine has just started to do the same. plz pm me if you found a resolution
Old 06-15-2009, 03:25 PM
knockout18
1st Gear Member

A friend had a similar problem, I'll see if they had a solution.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:47 PM
'91Shelby

I seem to be having a very similar problem if not the same one. I have an 04 mustang convt.gt with a passenger side window issue. I took the whole panel off the door and took it to a glass guy. He straightened out the track for me and glued the plastic piece back in and it worked for a little while but then I heard that awful clunk and knew it was broke... again. Please let me know how you solved the problem. thanks.