Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car shuts down randomly

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 08:27 PM
lpgolf04

Default Car shuts down randomly

Hey y’all. So this has been an issue on my car for 4+ months now. It’s been to multiple mechanics, including Ford, with no solution. Hoping someone here can help.

2012 V6. Back in June it started to just shut off. Driving or idling. It’s not losing power. The radio doesn’t reset and there’s no sign that it’s a battery/alternator issue. It’s just as if you’ve turned the car off. Sometimes it will start right back up and be fine for a bit and then do it again. Other times it will turnover and then just die out again.

Throttle led body issues are known on some models of 11-12 V6s. These symptoms are exactly inline with the TB issues. Mine VIN didn’t fall into the problem cars but replaced it anyways and it still continues to have the issue.

Ive has it at Ford and they said it was my ECU and that it was “fried” so they replaced it. But again, no fix. I’ve had it at an electrical shop for about 2 months now and he can’t find anything at all.

To me, it’s as if there’s too much stress on the engine and it’s overloading and just shutting down. There are times where I would have the car on, turn the AC on and shuts down right away. Turn AC off, car starts and runs fine. If I leave the AC on after it shuts down and try to start it, it will start and die right away. doesnt seem to be the AC compressor because like I said, it will shut down even when I don’t have the AC on. Pulley runs free and fine and the belt shows no signs of wear.

Hoping someone one has some insight on this. Very frustrating not being able to drive your car for 4+ months.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2018, 02:41 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

https://mustangforums.com/forum/gene...-randomly.html