Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

PISSED OFF CARWASH SCREWED UP

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 12:33 AM
LiquidLenny
1st Gear Member

Default PISSED OFF CARWASH SCREWED UP

This new " car spa" named SPOILERS opened up by me. They offer a free full service car wash when you get an oil change. I should have known when I saw a bunch of high schoolers toweling off cars that something would go wrong. Well it did. On the deck lid by the pony in the back there was a nick. I noticed it when I pulled away to an adjacent parking lot to inspect the car. It's about a quarter of the size of an erasor head. It wasn't there before. One of those kids was probably wearing a watch or something. When I went back to complain the place had closed. Man am I angry. [:@] What would you do?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

Default RE: PISSED OFF CARWASH SCREWED UP

i would sue them... look at their policy in regards to washing.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:04 AM
xX98StallionXx
5th Gear Member

theres not much you can do, sueing them is stupid, you will never win, because it was free, when you take in free services and you get jipped theres little that can be done, they cant refund your money, but you may get them to give you some sort of free service, other than the carwash obviously, or have them pay for repairs if its visible and bad enough.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:33 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Only I touch my car. Nobody else washes my car. Like the old saying "If you want the job done right, do it yourself"
Old 08-19-2006, 01:13 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

I feel 4 ya! That sucks! You can flip out at them to just blow off some steam ( I would) but you dont have a chance in the world of anything else happening. I know that sucks to hear but I dont want to gas your head up for nothing. When you go back and look I bet you will see that little tiny sign that all car washes have. "Not responsible for damage to vehicals"

If by chance it does not have a sign THEN YOU HAVE SOME PULL. First thing you do is take a picture of the area,(all over stores lot and your damaged car) etc to show there is no sign. (they may try and post one really quick) then get an estimate of the damage in writting and present it to the store. Get the name of the person you tell, his/her title, date and time, etc.

Be sure you notify the store of the damage quickly, if you dont they may say it did not happen there or why would you have waited so long to tell them. If they dont repair it then you can take them to small claims court. Does not cost alot at all plus you can recover the fees you have to pay to file the claim.

Also, even if a service is free and you have an injury or some damage you CAN recover no matter if it was a paid service or not.

The questions are.....How pissed are you?

How much do you love your car?

Want to do something about it?

Good luck bro!

Old 08-19-2006, 04:35 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

sorry about that . good luck.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:24 AM
autie
1st Gear Member

stop bitching and repaint it; id be pissed if some bastard hit my car or something. Life is tooooo good to be worrying about little things.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

There is no proof they did it, I wouldn't waste your time going back to bitch.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:11 PM
StevenP450yfz
1st Gear Member

I would go back to the car wash and just show them what it did to your car and not get mad or anything, just see what they are willing to do for you if anything, but I would first be 100% sure that the car wash did it.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Mustang_Baby

Your first mistake was letting someone else touch your car...especially people who you dont know. Not many people respect nice cars like they should. Carwashes will you kill your car. I reccomend that you take the time to wash your car yourself, because noone but you will treat it how it should be.

And like Dan04COBRA said, you cant prove that they did it. So just suck it up, get it fixed, and learn to not trust other people around your car.

Quick Reply: PISSED OFF CARWASH SCREWED UP