Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Is there a way to restore the blackness of the hood scoop and side scoops?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

Default Is there a way to restore the blackness of the hood scoop and side scoops?

Just as the title says, what can i do? i always spray tire shine in them but it looks like it still gets dirty over time. its not like how it used to be when the car was new you know? without all those water marks inside the hood scoop and the side scoops. What do you guys do to return that natrual blackness and have it stay like that?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
DJPcustoms
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is there a way to restore the blackness of the hood scoop and side scoops?

ORIGINAL: Vash the Stampede

Just as the title says, what can i do? i always spray tire shine in them but it looks like it still gets dirty over time. its not like how it used to be when the car was new you know? without all those water marks inside the hood scoop and the side scoops. What do you guys do to return that natrual blackness and have it stay like that?
I am getting ready to paint the black one on my hood, its faded to almost white [:-]

Old 06-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Is there a way to restore the blackness of the hood scoop and side scoops?

ORIGINAL: DJPcustoms

ORIGINAL: Vash the Stampede

I am getting ready to paint the black one on my hood, its faded to almost white [:-]

ya is there seriously nothing we can do but spray tire shine?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Poorboys Trim Restorer will work great on this.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

back to black by mothers works great but i just cant find a good way to apply it to the hard to reach areas, such as in the scoops [&:]
Old 06-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

The best way to fix something like that is to paint it. If you do that you will never have to worry about ti fading.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:12 AM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

Painting can open a can of worms. Back-to-Black every month or so should keep the dinginess at bay, and remember you might need two applications initially, and buff lightly after -- it doesn't really dry like the label says.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Can I use Back to Black on my convertible top?