Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Black Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:43 AM
X07TorchStangX

Default Black Stripes

so lately I have been really considering getting 12in black stripes for my mustang and I think it will really sharpen it up nicely and the paint I have is the redfire so it does have that dark red look to it so the stripes would look great. but I have been getting some people saying that after a while they wear and fade and there is a regret getting them. this might be like a previous post but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks about it thanks everyone

Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Vinyl stripes typically last around 5 years give or take.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:41 AM
sno4life
1st Gear Member

I think you should go for it. They will look sick on ur car. Before you purchase the stripes, post a thread in the chop shop section as ask them to photoshop the stripes on ur car.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Redfire6er
1st Gear Member

I also have a Redfire, and was debating with the stripes. I looked around for about a year before I pulled the trigger on mine, and have been very happy with them ever since. I debated between Black, and Silver for the longest time. I went with Silver, not the bright Silver but Satin Silver. Black is a great choice also, and I gave it alot of thought too. Get them put on, you won't be disapointed. Plus after 5-7 years you can always change it up if you want. New design, color, etc. Just remember vinyl is temporary, paint is there for life........well unless you paint over it. Good luck on your choice................
Old 01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

I've been considering the same thing... Are you talking 2x 12inch Stripes Vinyl (Flat Black)?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
3rdgenUAW

umm you may want to think of a charcoal color for the redfire? I think the black has two much of a contrast with that color, just me though.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
X07TorchStangX

Originally Posted by Toxix
I've been considering the same thing... Are you talking 2x 12inch Stripes Vinyl (Flat Black)?
yes those would be the ones I looked at the thinner stripes and I didn't think they looked that great on the car so I rather consider something of more width so I was going to go with the 12in

but ya I think I might rather go with the vinyl because you can always change it up as said and you can remove them as of the paint you kinda can't well you can but its more trouble then its worth

but the chop shop is a good idea so that is something I have to consider it will make it a lot easier to decide on my final choice

Old 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM
BLACKO9GT

Originally Posted by Redfire6er
...I debated between Black, and Silver for the longest time. I went with Silver, not the bright Silver but Satin Silver. Black is a great choice also, and I gave it alot of thought too. Get them put on, you won't be disapointed. Plus after 5-7 years you can always change it up if you want....
Yep... been there. I went through the same debate over my rocker panel stripes. I finally decided on the satin silver. (see sig photo) I was very pleased with them at first but after about a year I decided they "stood out" too much. I happened to see a GT500KR at a dealership with matte black striping and I thought the look was awesome! I replaced the silver ones on my car with matte black and I am much happier with them. The black on black is very, very subtle- kind of a "stealthy" look- but I really like it. Like you said- the nice thing about vinyl is that you can change it if you decide you aren't happy with how it looks!