Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Anyone use Eagle One Surface Prep Mitt?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:23 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone use Eagle One Surface Prep Mitt?

I was watching this Hot Rod Garage video on youtube

It's the first time I heard about the Surface prep mitt. It replaces a clay bar and looks a lot easier to use. Anyone have any experience with this? Before I go out and spend $25 I'd like to know if it works or if there is something similar that's works better for about the same price.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:49 AM
KMG

I have not used the Eagle One mitt, but I have and use the Nanoskin Autoscrub Washmit all the time. The eagle one is a cheap knockoff of the Nanoskin, and I have heard that they do not hold up very well. I also recall someone saying that you can't use the Eagle One Mitt during your wash process, while you can with the Nanoskin. I would highly recommend the Nanoskin if you can afford the extra cost as it is a far better product.

Last edited by KMG; 08-20-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:04 PM
spectreman
2nd Gear Member

I've used the Eagle One mitt & it works great. 1/2 the price of the nanoskin from Autogeek & just as easy. Using detailer spray, it took me about 30 minutes to do the whole car- way easier on the shoulders than clay barring it & as far as I'm concerned, identical results. I don't know how long the glove will hold up but I've used it on 2 cars & it shows 0 sign of wear & tear.
Lee
Old 08-20-2015, 07:53 PM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Thanks. Good to know it's worth the money
Old 08-24-2015, 09:15 AM
KMG

For the hobbyist the Eagle one mitt may be just fine, however if you use this a lot your better spending the extra money on the Nanoskin. My understanding is that you can not use the Eagle One mitt during your wash process, where I follow up my washes with the Nanoskin mitt which saves me a good bit of time. I can go around the car in 5-10 minutes with just using my wash bucket and shampoo that I had just used.

This was the car I just did this past weekend.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:37 AM
spectreman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by KMG
For the hobbyist the Eagle one mitt may be just fine, however if you use this a lot your better spending the extra money on the Nanoskin. My understanding is that you can not use the Eagle One mitt during your wash process, where I follow up my washes with the Nanoskin mitt which saves me a good bit of time. I can go around the car in 5-10 minutes with just using my wash bucket and shampoo that I had just used.

Not looking to pick an argument but you can't substantiate what you just alleged w/out a direct comparo between the 2 mitts.

For the $$, the Eagle One mitt works fine. If you're satisfied w/the performance of the Nanoskin, that's swell too.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:47 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

I don't see how the Nanoskin saves time since you still have to use a liquid of some type along with the mitt after you wash your car. I don't see how you are saving any steps. I'd rather use the mitt with a clean detailer spray then a bucket of my old wash that is left over.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:52 AM
KMG

Originally Posted by spectreman
Not looking to pick an argument but you can't substantiate what you just alleged w/out a direct comparo between the 2 mitts.

For the $$, the Eagle One mitt works fine. If you're satisfied w/the performance of the Nanoskin, that's swell too.
I am also not arguing, I am just stating my opinion. I looked at the Eagle One mitt in the store before, and price comes with quality. The Eagle One mitt is cheaper for a reason, because it is not made to the same standards as the Nanoskin mitt. The material is much thinner and the polymer surface only covers the half the face, while the nanoskin has the entire side covered.

Like I said the Eagle One should work just fine for the consumer, but for someone who is going to use it a lot such as myself it simply will not last.

Jesse, do it a few hundred times and you will see how it is saving time. Also if you are washing you car properly using the 2 bucket method your wash bucket should not have any dirt in it. It is all in proper technique.